AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dogbiter

Senior Member

10-12-2012

TSM was going to lose anyways


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakz View Post
Please reread the original post. Dyrus looked in-between games after the game they had been in was publicly announced to be thrown out the door, for remake. Thank you.
By your same logic...

Read the original post. Riot said what the effects of cheating were. It was ruled that AzF deserved to be fined 20% of their current winnings. The next levels of punishment up by tournament rules were to forfeit the game or complete disqualification.

Since Riot arranged the screens such that they could be looked at, a DQ would be FAR too harsh, same with giving them a loss in the game.

So, looking at the original post, Riot was as harsh as they could be by their own rules, and a replay of the series was never on the table, no matter how much the forums rage about wanting a replay.

Therefore, if my point about Dyrus is invalid because of what Riot says, everything that you've said is invalid because of what Riot said. Either I get to have my cake, and you are wrong. Or neither of us get the cake, and you are still wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingOfCreepers

Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actingman View Post
Sure they cheated, and if Riot felt that the single instance of cheating changed the game they would either do a re-make or disqualify AZF. Turns out it had a small impact early, and late game AZF dominated TSM.

No need to remake or disqualify.
The fact that it had an impact at all is enough to warrant a rematch.
People continuously state that it wasn't that big a deal, however if you notice that your opposing team had been cheating your state of mind is off, you won't be able to focus. From that point on AZF had the advantage. But either way what's done is done. It's to late to change anything now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isstanar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluereason View Post
Yes, AF cheating in one instance explains TSM getting dominated every second of both games.

But go ahead and have them replay the match for all I care. You could have AF blindfolded and the outcome would still be the same.
Hear hear!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Junigenmukyoku

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Riot has their own rules and punishments for cheating, what about it do you guys not understand? Just because cheating a math exam gets you zero doesn't mean it applies to everything in the world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zilveren

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhugan View Post
By your same logic...

So, looking at the original post, Riot was as harsh as they could be by their own rules, and a replay of the series was never on the table, no matter how much the forums rage about wanting a replay...

As I have already explained previously, (thank you for taking the time to read) this thread is in response to what many players feel is a wrongful punishment, and poor handling of the situation by Riot.

Many of us feel that Riot's ruling is inappropriate, and trying to blanket my argument with "They said the punishment was appropriate, therefor it must be." is no better than defending a man for being racist.

A man can be racist and say very negative things about people of other races. This man can still be wrong, and possibly in need of persuasion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isstanar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku xoxo View Post
So a fking level 1 q on dyrus made azubu stomp tsm 2 games in row
Uh, didn't you know TSM only has one strategy and that's the level 1 team fight whatever? Surely you didn't think they were "pro", did you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jrimmer

Junior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1LovesYou View Post
AzF should be DQ'd and TSM should still be out.

TSM did get outplayed, but AzF was caught cheating. Just putting TSM back in kinda says "They would have won without the cheating." which I dont believe. AzF got caught this time, we have no idea if they did more than that. Lets just assume that was the only thing. I think AzF should be DQ'd and TSM shouldnt be put in. Cheaters shouldn't continue, and wins shouldn't be given unless it was a close game like 2-1. They were 2-0'd. Otherwise I would say give it to them.
I agree completely with the above quote. I don't think Azubu Frost should be allowed to play after cheating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moosin

Senior Member

10-12-2012

didn't chaox say he'd pay 30k to look at the minimap?
when's he paying up?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakz View Post
As I have already explained previously, (thank you for taking the time to read) this thread is in response to what many players feel is a wrongful punishment, and poor handling of the situation by Riot.

Many of us feel that Riot's ruling is inappropriate, and trying to blanket my argument with "They said the punishment was appropriate, therefor it must be." is no better than defending a man for being racist.

A man can be racist and say very negative things about people of other races. This man can still be wrong, and possibly in need of persuasion.
The difference in this case, is you are defending your side with Riot's "suspect" rulings. Whereas I am looking at you and saying that you have to argue from one perspective or another, not take whichever is more convenient for you.

You cannot say that I can't bring TSM and Dyrus into this because Riot ruled that it didn't play any impact, when you can see a picture of him that I posted earlier looking at the clearly lit screen because that is convenient for you, while then denying the validity of Riot's punishment because you don't like it.

You either have to accept both, or accept neither. If you accept both, I am right because Riot's hands were tied. If you accept neither, then you are asking for an untenable punishment because of both the number of necessary replays as well as the inherent duplicity of only saying that AzF was wrong, when other incidents of cheating are recorded as having happened.

EDIT: In short, if you accept both, I am right. If you accept neither, I am still right. As I previously said.