AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zilveren

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetryon View Post
A regame won't matter. TSM fanbois can chestbeat all they want AZF will stomp them again. I'm against the cheating but TSM will not beat AZF.
If they rematched and lost again, then I would have minimal hard feelings for Azubu. If I haven't stated it before, I was actually a major fan of Azubu before this incident.

It's never been a matter of "fanbois." It has always been about the integrity of a 2 million dollar prize pool tournament hosted by Riot.

Awes0meCherry

10-12-2012

Yeah, I was rooting for Azubu vs TSM, but I'm really disappointed in their actions : /

Zilveren

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awes0meCherry View Post
Yeah, I was rooting for Azubu vs TSM, but I'm really disappointed in their actions : /
Thank you for understanding and reading the thread. I've had a lot of silly responses from some of the more angry posters.

TheDarkRogue77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

:/

Aerophobia

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
jeopardize their standing in the tournament you say? Well i have seen no such thing my good sir.. Even though it was proven they cheated.

LastGurdian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I sincerely don't think the early peek in the game caused AZF to win. You're assuming TSM would have gotten first blood. You're assuming Shy wouldn't have been able to get away.

Now I understand people who are saying "that's not the point, the point is they cheated". I somewhat agree with you there. However the SEVERITY of the cheating wasn't too great, as I mentioned before.

Other teams were caught "cheating" but were excused with only a warning because it made little or no impact on the match. Why is no one asking for rematches on these games?

I really hate to say it, but AZF would beat TSM in a rematch right now. And you all know it.

NegaStoat

10-12-2012

OP's post sums up the situation very well. I really doubt a Red would touch this with a ten foot pole, as they've already posted their feelings and stance.

But the OP's overview of the reality of the situation is what Riot will have to live with. This wasn't a situation of a football game where a player did an intentional foul with bad sportsmanship and gets a fine. This esport finals for the year was to showcase the best of the best - that's what fans tuned in to see.

Zilveren

10-12-2012

They have a chance, but as previously explained, It not only denied a possible first blood, it completely undid TSM's game plan.

This is of coarse ignoring the fact that it cost TSM's jungler a lot of his red side jungle, and gave Miss fortune a lvl 1 red to enjoy an easy bottom lane with.

Awes0meCherry

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
OP's post sums up the situation very well. I really doubt a Red would touch this with a ten foot pole, as they've already posted their feelings and stance.

But the OP's overview of the reality of the situation is what Riot will have to live with. This wasn't a situation of a football game where a player did an intentional foul with bad sportsmanship and gets a fine. This esport finals for the year was to showcase the best of the best - that's what fans tuned in to see.

Well said

RogerM

10-12-2012

I'm not a fan of any LoL team but they should play again and decide who's gonna play the finals.
Bad riot, you bad.