AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirturkey1

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogaflow View Post
I think you should take your own advice..... verdict is in bro, not dq of frost and no rematch.
Duh....everyone knows what the verdict is that's not the point. The point is that it was a worthless punishment. They did something illegal that Riot admits affected the game, that's all I need to hear, it should have been a rematch. Instead they got fined a **** ton of money.....oh no wait they still get payed at least 120,000 dollars....now I'm just confused

Zilveren

10-10-2012

^ Thank you.

Fishous

10-10-2012

There are plenty of times where TSM got outplayed which are moments that Azubu obviously couldn't have cheated. Even if they did cheat, just once, even if they did, TSM was getting outplayed all game, both games. One screen look didn't change the course of the entirety of two games. They weren't even close games, and I doubt anyone has a video of Azubu constantly turning around every few seconds to keep tabs on TSM.

EmptyAy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakz View Post
If one team cheated heavily in the NFL, do you really think it's okay to still let them win that game they cheated for and possibly get world champion without even a game restart?
If one PLAYER does something, guess what? They get FINED.

Good logic though.

Zilveren

10-10-2012

This was a best out of 3. The game AZF did not cheat in was won by them fairly. I'm not arguing against that. But the game they cheated in was deceptively close. Admittedly the gold advantage was in AZF's favor, yet 10kg down they were losing almost every fight for a good while there.

If TSM won the first game, it would have been 1 - 1; resulting in a third match.

Netomon

10-10-2012

What Woong did isn't something Frost should be disqualified for. Cheating is cheating, but there are different levels of severity. Did Frost cheat throughout the tournament or even in multiple instances throughout any of there other matches? No, apparently not. It's not the same as lets say an Olympic runner taking performance enhancing drugs (which is obviously ban worthy).

You can say that TSM would have snowballed off a first blood, but that's speculation. Frost showed that they were capable of coming back from being down 4 deaths to TSM in game 2. Other matches in the tournament showed that first blood wasn't the end for the team who gave it up.

If you're going to keep comparing LoL eSports to other sports, know that cheating comes in many different forms and levels of severity. Each is punished in a different way, not just with disqualification or rematches. I think that Riot's punishment is good enough for the crime.

lightberry

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekshi View Post
They refunded all the tickets for the screw up on saturday and are hosting an extra day which'll cost thousands of dollars in profit loss.
And they had no idea that they can't simply DQ AF without checking for cheating cases in qualifier rounds.

Remaking whole tournament cost millions.

Kayleorfeed

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1LovesYou View Post
AzF should be DQ'd and TSM should still be out.

TSM did get outplayed, but AzF was caught cheating. Just putting TSM back in kinda says "They would have won without the cheating." which I dont believe. AzF got caught this time, we have no idea if they did more than that. Lets just assume that was the only thing. I think AzF should be DQ'd and TSM shouldnt be put in. Cheaters shouldn't continue, and wins shouldn't be given unless it was a close game like 2-1. They were 2-0'd. Otherwise I would say give it to them.
you need an even number of teams

so unless you plank on bringing back the teams that failed early, that doesnt work

Zilveren

10-10-2012

AZF has not won against any other teams since their win vs TSM as of the writing of the post. It's one set of 3, not a whole tourney remake lol.

Add to this fact that they kept ALL pro teams there for the full time, means it wouldn't even cost them travel costs. Really isn't that expensive, especially considering the extra revenue they generate through the broadcast of that match.

Kodoku xoxo

10-10-2012

So a fking level 1 q on dyrus made azubu stomp tsm 2 games in row

12345678 ... 10