World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I'm sorry, but "e-sports" is already a joke as it is. Blatant cheating in a tournament should not be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I dislike TSM as much as the next guy because of their lack of professionalism and public **** talking, but Azubu Frost needs to be disqualified from this tournament. If you can disqualify two teams and strip them of everything for an allegation of an event that didn't affect the tournament at all with 0 proof, then you should be disqualifying a team that purposely cheated and got caught with hard evidence, because cheating DOES affect the outcome of this tournament.

Cheaters should not be rewarded. I'm beyond disappointed with Riot at this point.
yea the punishments for the two don't match up at all. it's pretty dumb, however wasn't the mlg punishment handed down from mlg and backed by riot instead of being directly handed down by riot? can't remember

2ofSpades

10-10-2012

Great work; thanks for letting us know

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I'm sorry, but "e-sports" is already a joke as it is. Blatant cheating in a tournament should not be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I dislike TSM as much as the next guy because of their lack of professionalism and public **** talking, but Azubu Frost needs to be disqualified from this tournament. If you can disqualify two teams and strip them of everything for an allegation of an event that didn't affect the tournament at all with 0 proof, then you should be disqualifying a team that purposely cheated and got caught with hard evidence, because cheating DOES affect the outcome of this tournament.

Cheaters should not be rewarded. I'm beyond disappointed with Riot at this point.
Sir, I like you.

Aaeru

10-10-2012

You guys should have expected this to happen with the way the stage was designed. The players were at fault, but it was also your fault as well. This could have all been prevented.

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajido View Post
Will Azubu's fine increase if they end up winning the entire tournament? i.e. 20% of the 1 million? Or is it fixed at $30,000?
fixed at 30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
League of Legends Competition Ruling

AzF Woong committed a major infraction of the rules and the team is hereby collectively fined in the amount of 20% of the prize winnings earned by AzF as a result of advancing into the Semifinals ($150,000). AzF’s total fine for this violation is $30,000.Further violations may result in additional penalties.

Cardboard Smurf

10-10-2012

Honestly I am a TSM fan and kind of wish the penalties were a bit harsher, but its probably true that it would not have changed the outcome of the game, so whatever. :/

Malgana

10-10-2012

Place giant minimaps behind your players, fine them 30.000 for looking at it.
Only Riot would do this, I totally expected them to be DQ'd for cheating but a fine? what in the mother ****? I'm not even a fan of any teams but seriously? you guys need to not ever do something this ****ing retarded again, that was just a totally moronic idea to even put those screens there in the first place.

YOU should be the ones paying for damages for putting the stupid screens in view shot of the players in the first place, what a joke.

Illyriomysterio

10-10-2012

Na it's cool, it's not like they might be allowed to win at something they clearly cheated in. I'm all for money going to charities, but it will hardly feel like justice if they make it to and win in the finals.

EUW Pharasto

10-10-2012

Thank you for clarifying these cases. This was definetly needed. Are those rules you cited accessible from the world championship page?

NebulaRed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I don't think AzF should be disqualified when only 1 player cheated like some people are saying - but if the cheating DID affect the game then there really should be a rematch...