World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hat Trick

Recruiter

10-11-2012

World finals loses all it's hype with the presence of cheaters. So does Riot's credibility as a promoter of eSports. Myself and all my friends will not be watching the finals. AF should have been DQ'd from season 2, and banned from season 3.

Absolute joke, and not professional in the slightest.

Korea has no place for cheaters.

Obzidian

10-11-2012

I really think, given the groundbreaking nature of this tournament, that the punishment for every cheating team should have been more severe. Every team that was identified as cheating (not TPA, FYI, who was determined to have been moving the screen to try to cope with glare) should have been disqualified. This is especially true given that next season we're supposed to have salaried teams with top teams from this tournament getting guaranteed spots.

To blatantly cheat at a world championship tournament and simply receive a slap on the wrist is unacceptable. It doesn't matter how good or bad the team was, or how little impact it had on the game or how easy it was to cheat. The truth of the matter is that blatant, intentional cheating should be unacceptable in a professional sports setting.

Otherwise, you are setting an example that cheating doesn't matter that much. In the first ever e-sports tournament worth so much money and the largest League tournament ever, flagrant, deliberate violation of the rules should be punished harshly. It doesn't matter if you can win without cheating; it doesn't matter if you only cheated a little bit. What matters is that you still made a choice to cheat. Should Riot have done a better job with their setup? Absolutely. That is still not license to cheat and its not like you can accidentally look over your shoulder and up at the maps. It shows deliberate choice on part of the competitors to violate the rules.

When we're talking about toxicity in our gaming community, cheating ranks pretty high up there as toxic behavior, regardless of the reason or impact it has on a match.

DamienTheWicked

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzidian View Post
I really think, given the groundbreaking nature of this tournament, that the punishment for every cheating team should have been more severe. Every team that was identified as cheating (not TPA, FYI, who was determined to have been moving the screen to try to cope with glare) should have been disqualified. This is especially true given that next season we're supposed to have salaried teams with top teams from this tournament getting guaranteed spots.

To blatantly cheat at a world championship tournament and simply receive a slap on the wrist is unacceptable. It doesn't matter how good or bad the team was, or how little impact it had on the game or how easy it was to cheat. The truth of the matter is that blatant, intentional cheating should be unacceptable in a professional sports setting.

Otherwise, you are setting an example that cheating doesn't matter that much. In the first ever e-sports tournament worth so much money and the largest League tournament ever, flagrant, deliberate violation of the rules should be punished harshly. It doesn't matter if you can win without cheating; it doesn't matter if you only cheated a little bit. What matters is that you still made a choice to cheat. Should Riot have done a better job with their setup? Absolutely. That is still not license to cheat and its not like you can accidentally look over your shoulder and up at the maps. It shows deliberate choice on part of the competitors to violate the rules.

When we're talking about toxicity in our gaming community, cheating ranks pretty high up there as toxic behavior, regardless of the reason or impact it has on a match.
lol not tpa... if you were trying to remove yourself from a glare then why would you go in the direction where there's even a bigger GIANT screen and not the other way where there's no screens? are you seriously that naive? What do you think he saw when he turned his head then?

Lol I don't get why there's tons of other pictures proving that like 5 teams cheated but only Azubu gets penalized. It's pretty lolz. Seems like you guys are just butthurt to me.

Lazzy

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Protoss View Post
World finals loses all it's hype with the presence of cheaters. So does Riot's credibility as a promoter of eSports. Myself and all my friends will not be watching the finals. AF should have been DQ'd from season 2, and banned from season 3.

Absolute joke, and not professional in the slightest.

Korea has no place for cheaters.

I agree i will also not bother watching the finals with Azubu.

Seems like the best way to win season 3 is to just pay the 30k and look at the minimap

DamienTheWicked

10-11-2012

Look at these and decide for yourself.

Tpa; http://imgur.com/Fw6hy

Frost: http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

Tsm: http://i.imgur.com/hEdpJ.jpg

WE: http://i.imgur.com/HNbhk.jpg

Look at how easy it is to cheat

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2&d=1349578938

DamienTheWicked

Obzidian

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienTheWicked View Post
lol not tpa... if you were trying to remove yourself from a glare then why would you go in the direction where there's even a bigger GIANT screen and not the other way where there's no screens? are you seriously that naive? What do you think he saw when he turned his head then?

Lol I don't get why there's tons of other pictures proving that like 5 teams cheated but only Azubu gets penalized. It's pretty lolz. Seems like you guys are just butthurt to me.
Not TPA, because I trust that Riot has more information available to them to determine the exact nature. They concluded with the information that TPA did not look at the screen and looked to adjust the screen to the glare.

Riot concluded definitively that the other teams (AF, TSM, WE, IG) intentionally looked at the minimaps, thereby intentionally cheating.

I'm not doubting the conclusions of their investigations, merely saying the punishment was too light.

Edit to clarify: I'm saying the punishment was too light on ALL cheating teams and that I feel they should have all been disqualified.

iloveshasta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzy View Post
I agree i will also not bother watching the finals with Azubu.

Seems like the best way to win season 3 is to just pay the 30k and look at the minimap
Agreed I bet if most teams knew, they would have all made that choice. At least it would have been fair.

Pierce7d

10-11-2012

A lot of people are here to complain about what they consider Azubu's lucky break. While I also feel that the punishment is rather tame, I think that there's another issue that needs to be addressed here.

Several teams performed checks that clearly fell in the realm of "cheating", however since their cheating was unsuccessful, they are not being penalized.

If I break into your house with only a small window before you return, quickly sweep, but then cannot find anything worth stealing immediately, but then get caught on the way out, am I pardoned from jail because I couldn't find anything to steal fast enough?

Why are teams getting only a warning when they committed the same crime as Azubu Frost? I'm not talking about people like Dyrus who were checking to make sure they weren't be getting cheated. I'm talking about all the teams that dared to look to see if they COULD pull an Azubu Frost, and just happened not to hit the jackpot. They're all just getting a slap on the wrist?

Riot, I don't know if your penalties are passive because you don't want the fans to revolt if their favorite pros are being punished, but 5% and 20% are virtually laughable punishments, when you consider how much free money you're throwing at them in the first place. I think I speak for most of us when I say we would prefer Riot mans up, and really shows everyone that Riot is as serious as Redbeard claims.

killberos

10-11-2012

Hopefully in season 3 Riot can take measures to prevent any problems and I mean ANY PROBLEMS