World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sloshula

10-10-2012

Honestly, I think AF should be fined and DQd. That wouldn't have happened in any regular match. I do like that Riot is taking charge and doing something about this concern, though.

Sceptre Wielder

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzadan View Post
That amount compared to if they win? Hmm...
TPA or CLG.eu wouldn't risk it, but M5 or Frost definitely would for an easy pass through a regional champ team
It's funny that you mention M5, they were never alleged of anything. Throwing their name in here makes you sound like an ignorant hater. (And likely a TSM fanboy)

ZCarr

10-10-2012

First off, thanks Riot for putting resources into making sure the games are played to the rules. This really helps make up for a lot of the problems and technical difficulties and restore my faith in the company.

On another, humorous note...

Back and TO THE LEFT; a conspiracy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLc0udf_74

Young Rebel

10-10-2012

If I was on the Azubu F team and I was given the option of forking up 6K of the potential tourny winnings to gain game changing intel, I would gladly pay it in cash. Riot confirmed cheating occurred and then put a price on it to mitigate the damages. Amazing investigation lads, you guys did a wonderful job, but honestly the only real justice here would be a DQ AND a fine.

I am an M5 fan personally and I couldn't care less for TSM, in fact I liked Azubu F until this occurred. I am glad at least their reputations and character of being cheaters is displayed for literally millions of people (including their sponsors) to see. Woong is being talked about as a cheater across the world, which in my opinion, is far worse and more embarrassing than any other outcome.

Oh well that's life, an unfair, cruel mistress that will show you a good time, then take you for everything you've got when you passed out from all that Jager...

PiersonsPuppet

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenfaL View Post
Nobody in their right mind would pay $30 000 to have a peek at the minimap. You're greatly undervaluing this sum of money.

Anyways, this had practically no incidence on the result of the game. All it prevented was (maybe) a first blood on the AZF support. What happened instead is no kill at level 1. AZF is still the better team by a LONG stretch.
Moral of the story: If I'm better than you I'm allowed to cheat, regardless whether or not it makes a difference.

LenfaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

You guys are forgetting the fact that Dyrus ALSO PEEKED AT THE MAP.

Sigh, everyone cheated, and Riot is at fault at this. You can't DQ an entire team (probably the best in the world) because Riot gave them an easy access to the minimap.

You have to be reasonable dealing with this, and Riot did it perfectly. TSM lost hard and are trying to save face right now. Yes, AZF cheated, but this isn't as big of a deal as you all make of it. At least, it wasn't worth $1 million.

Thekoalacub

10-10-2012

IMO the punishment for AZF is to light and not even a punishment at all... I mean we're talking about large pots of money. In fact, in other sports if any cheating is even caught it's a immediate disqualification and suspension or expulsion from the sport would be in order. 20% of their current earning isn't even considered a punishment.

Koihime

10-10-2012

Quote:

Sigh, everyone cheated, and Riot is at fault at this. You can't DQ an entire team (probably the best in the world) because Riot gave them an easy access to the minimap.

You have to be reasonable dealing with this, and Riot did it perfectly. TSM lost hard and are trying to save face right now. Yes, AZF cheated, but this isn't as big of a deal as you all make of it. At least, it wasn't worth $1 million.
Analysis:

TSM Dyrus clearly turned his head to his left and looked back and upward at the venue screen, but there is no direct evidence that TSM Dyrus obtained any helpful information from this action. TSM obtained no direct meaningful benefits from TSM Dyrusí action; the game was restarted afterward.

TSM Chaox briefly turned his head toward the AzF team to monitor them. This violation had no potential or actual gameplay benefits for TSM.

Thekoalacub

10-10-2012

Quote:

Dyrus, admitted yes he looked. He couldn't get one though... AZF had a true advantage with that level one ping.

FitchLoL

10-10-2012

You piece of ****, accuse Dyrus more