World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePolishMachine

10-10-2012

I find it funny that CLG.eu and WE had to replay two games that had pretty clear winners when they shut off, because there's no way to say for sure what will happen in this game. But, somehow Riot can say for sure that Azubu Frost's cheating had no effect on the outcome of that game.

Some consistency would be nice.

Kadromar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I think 20% of current winnings is not really enough. If they win the final their care factor will be zero.

cornbot1

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustmaker View Post
The game was paused when Dyrus looked and it is likely that they were expecting a reset due to technical difficulties anyways (the match had barely started). What Dyrus did was wrong in principle, but it did not give him any sort of unfair advantage like in the case of AZF (where they looked at the screen during play).
Does that matter? They broke the rules, one just benefited. Just like a test, you get punished whether you benefit from cheating or not.

Inizo

10-10-2012

I am very disappointing that Riot, for their own wrongs, are blaming the pauses on the teams.
It was solely Riot's fault that everything was crashing, and now they are taking it out on AzF.
AzF Preformed flawlessly, and to take away their earnings is a shame.
I still love this game, but I am ashamed how things turned out.
Riot as a company has lost my respect for taking away winnings from a great team.
So I will not be supporting the game by buying anything out of the shop anymore.
I know this means little, but I know many others who feel the same way.

Zakyox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

As much as I love AZF, you horribly disappoint me Riot.

First, with AZF/TSM you obviously state the MULTIPLE attempts on BOTH sides to even catch a glimpse of those HUGE maps behind them. You think putting teams in a venue like that, no matter how professional won't even slightly be tempted to look at the map? Secondly, Riot has shown nothing more than it's inability to run a tournament efficiently. If a team was caught even glimpsing at the screen, regardless of advantage, all teams should be fined even for the attempt.

I think the AZF vs TSM & CLG:EU vs WE deserve a complete redos, there was too much cheating attempts and too much connection problems in both matches to take either result seriously.

PS: Aside from horrible venue design, multiple pauses and multiple connection/electrical problems, I want to know where the money we put into your company go? When you can't even have a somewhat controlled environment for a tournament of such a high importance.

Caucxican

10-10-2012

Could the Azubu Frost pause during game 1 been planned? Pretty crazy idea right but I hate how everyone including Riot is acting like everybody is innocent. This is the real world where people lie, cheat, and steal everyday. It's not some happy puppy imaginationland where we trust everyone no matter what...

Riseagainstyou

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaStyle View Post
I think this made my day thank you. League feels like a real Sport now ImO
I wasn't aware that you can pay a percent of your winnings to cheat unpunished in real sports. I need to try playing some now.

Iyufa

10-10-2012

if i knew that cheating/winning would only cost 30k out of 175k, i would cheat during the game too. lol

Anbex

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post

We evaluated these cases based on intent, severity and tangible impact to the course of the game. Based on our investigation, the Azubu Frost incident is the only one where we determined there to be tangible impact Ė we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We donít believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game.

Per our rules we are issuing a fine of $30,000* for unsportsmanlike conduct. Proceeds will go to our charity program in Korea.

We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules.
I've had a lot of faith in Riot's commitment to and understanding of eSports up until this point. It's almost unfathomable that you'd publically declare a confirmed incident of cheating (and go on to state its impact on the match's outcome) and ultimately issue a fine for a fraction of the quarterfinal prize money.

I'm not trying to be rude or condescending--because you've done excellent work up until this point--but what was your thought process behind allowing a team to cheat-to-win and punishing them with such a minor fine? In any professional sport, cheating of any kind (regardless of the impact) is immediate grounds for disqualification. In work or school, it's immediate grounds for expulsion. And now, in an industry that's just recently growing into its professional identity, you find it suitable to deal with blatant cheating with a slap on the wrist?

I can't say I understand.

Who is Sexy

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We donít believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game.
Are you serious? lv1 gank DO decide win in match of this skill levels where kills are rare and so where 300-400 early gold advantage means a lot