World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorfindelrb

10-10-2012

Seriously, cheating makes you earn money 20% less but still. Nice rules ! How do we care about the advantage taken, you punish the fact of cheting there.

I'll try doping in real sport to see if i just have to give 20% of my benefits back. This penalty isn't good for eSport credibility, not at all. I don't support any team there but cheating is cheating and a disqualification should result of that.

Doctor Swole

10-10-2012

im really disappointed. azf should have been dq'ed. when you cheat, you are saying you are not playing my the tourny rules. and you dont play by tourny rules then you should be dq'ed

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
please stop posting, for the love of god. please just stop
Because I don't like TSM or because I don't like Riot's decision?

Sort of the 'manchild' thing I was talking about. Immature, inability to handle someone disagreeing with you?

Kermit666

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.
Good to read this, most important line in the summary imho.

Coobie

10-10-2012

l0l any professional sport that's not a joke, cheating = instant DQ and probably a ban for a period of time. Riot = oh we gunna cut a small percentage of your winnings.

Leib Olmai

10-10-2012

So many TSM fanboys here.

ZOMG 30,000 $ NO ENOUGH NEED TO BE HARSHER.

Wtf ? Most of you don't even make 30k a years.
Shut up, it's definitely enough.

IGotCareless2

10-10-2012

Thanks for looking into this and taking it seriously, Riot.

Faifur

10-10-2012

thank you for actually listening to your fans and taking this seriously. because who knows, TSM's 1st blood early game could have turned it around and they could have won. but non the less, very good job punishing them

Netomon

10-10-2012

People saying they should have disqualified Frost for cheating like they do in other sports must not watch sports.

Laurcus

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenia Andras View Post
It sounds wrong because your math is off. The risk vs reward is that the penalty is 20% of your winnings. If Frost won the tournament, they got 1M reward and 200k of those would be the fine. So it's not "spending" 30k to win 1M.

Also note that it's a fine for this one particular incident. If Frost got caught again and again and had to rely solely on cheating, they might be disqualified and ineligible for any prize money.

Using your logic of risk and reward, any violation should result in disqualification. That's blanket punishment and really stupid. It's like saying that someone who ran through a red light once should have their driving license taken away forever because that person might've won $1k from illegal street racing but only got $100 fine. But what if that person simply didn't see the red light?
Nice straw man. And my *arithmetic isn't really off, so much as I just didn't go into detail. You are spending 20% of the prize money, (30k) for a greater chance to advance further. If you get knocked out despite cheating, you're only out 30k of your prize money. If you win the tournament of course the deduction goes up to 200k.Even so, spending 200k to win a million is a very good deal imo.

Now to explain how your flawed analogy is a straw man. I think the penalties for minor infractions are fine. This was a major infraction, and imo, those should always be punished with disqualification. A major infraction shows a level of malicious intent that isn't there with, for example, adjusting your monitor because the sun is in your eyes.