World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Is it the better choice to punish based on the individual outcomes (or lack thereof) of the cheating, rather than to punish based on the intent of cheating?

For example, Dyrus gets the same punishment as Zz1tai (i.e. a warning), even though the former did not intend to cheat whereas the latter did. Furthermore, Woong gets a $30,000 fine, unlike Zz1tai, even though they both cheated - the only difference was that the former happened to cheat at a more meaningful time.

I would think that players who looked at the screen with intent of cheating should get equal punishment. Plus trying to assess the impact of the cheating is a bit awkward and relative (e.g. "(Shen) could have teleported to the location").

Just so it's clear, I'm really glad Riot has handled this. I just find the decisions a little strange.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
Wow.

And people were ragging on TSM so much, calling them trash, etc.

The least they deserved was your peoples respect, especially now that RIOT has determined AzF cheated.

That's just bull.

Sorry, they wouldn't have my respect even if they destroyed everyone and won the tourney blindfolded. They're still a bunch of manchildren. Honestly if it had been clg who had been defeated they would have accepted it like men instead of sending the fanboys on a witchhunt,.

Makair

Recruiter

10-10-2012

So much bull****. They cheated and you let them go away with it. Just think about what that kind of impact that does on a team? It affect everything from that point onwards, the only way everyone would've been happy was with option: v. Tournament Disqualification.

Riot you just ****ed up. Good guy Riot gives money to cheaters.

Brobat

10-10-2012

AzF blatantly cheats in a World Championship and instead of DQ'ing them as you should you fine them for small portion of their total winnings.

You are letting a team that cheated not only get away with it and continue in the event but also still awarding them 80% of the prize money. What kind of example does this set that you let a team cheat and give them such a minor punishment?

Real.

Origamibear

10-10-2012

So. You cheat the system. Get caught cheating the system. But you reap 80% of the benefits. Just saying if you get caught cheating on an exam you fail the class. The fact is, you've acknowledged they cheated and obtained an advantage, but the punishment is a joke. You heard it here first, cheat, get caught, and come out ahead.

Poko4Sho

10-10-2012

HUGE oversight on YOUR part with this, Riot. This is Season 2! Let's get serious!
As someone who would love to play the game competitively, I am quit discouraged and disappointed in the way you've set up and handled your own world finals.

MantiShrimPunch

10-10-2012

This is ****ing retarded. You want Esports to be taken seriously, but you let people literally CHEAT during a world championship game, with a warning and a slap on the wrist. Cheating of any form in any match should be an automatic DQ. Seriously, does anyone at riot have any common sense? It doesn't matter whether or not they benefited from cheating, if you shoot at someone and miss, is it ok because you didn't kill him? It's the PRINCIPLE OF THE GAME that they violated, riot rambles on and on about the "spirit of the game" and "summoner's code" and all that ****, but when it comes down to doing anything, anything at all to enforce the rules you yourself made for a 2million dollar tournament, you say "oh, it's ok that they cheated because they didn't get THAT much of an advantage from it"

This isn't even disappointing...This is outright disgraceful. And btw, I'm not a TSM fanboy, I'm actually a Korean rooting for M5. There's a team that doesn't need to look at screens and cheat. Way to drop the ball Riot. Do you even realize what kind of message you sent and what kind of example you just set for this "future of esports" that you're so obsessed with? YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY CHEATED AND DON'T AUTOMATICALLY DQ THEM

Slavik1

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edessya View Post
Will there be any follow up on the accusations that during the TSM vs AF one member of TSM was not wearing their headset correctly (had one ear uncovered), allowing them to hear the crowd/casters during one match?
He was talking to a referee.

I still support my suggestion to put faces of all cheaters on the final stream so people can see who is behaving unsportsmanlike.

Vsin

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis5119 View Post
Is it the better choice to punish based on the individual outcomes (or lack thereof) of the cheating, rather than to punish based on the intent of cheating?

For example, Dyrus gets the same punishment as Zz1tai (i.e. a warning), even though the former did not intend to cheat whereas the latter did. Furthermore, WeiXiao gets a $30,000 fine, unlike Zz1tai, even though they both cheated - the only difference was that the former happened to cheat at a more meaningful time.

I would think that players who looked at the screen with intent of cheating should get equal punishment. Plus trying to assess the impact of the cheating is a bit awkward and relative (e.g. "(Shen) could have teleported to the location").

Just so it's clear, I'm really glad Riot has handled this. I just find the decisions a little strange.
Of the cases presented, Dyrus' actions could actually be construed as "completely negligible" because the intent is supposedly "to check if cheating was possible" and that the game was completely remade afterwards, which completely negated the possibility of benefits.

ValhallaXt

10-10-2012

if you cheat in a game, you are banned and can't play again. If you cheat in a RIOT tournament you still can earn lots of money, i like that idea.