World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CJLewis

10-10-2012

Good job Riot. Glad to see action being taken in these hard times. Keep up the good work and may Season 3 be even better.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisu View Post
Both teams were instructed to look forward at all times.

Looking away and gaining no benefit from it is a minor violation of the rule. (see TSM's and WE's warnings)
Looking away and obtaining crucial information that changes the gameplay is a major violation of the rule. (see AzF's fine)

Simple key is the difference between a Minor violation and a Major violation.
But why does it matter if they happened to see something or not? Rule was still broken. EVERY team who was found guilty should be fined if any.

but I still say none should since this is 100% riot's fault. They didn't have crib notes on their wrists, they happened to glance up and clearly plenty of them were doing it- whether to gain information or not isn't clear.

AZF should have an opportunity to replay TSM in order to keep the 30,000. At a new venue without information everywhere they can see.

1/10 **** company cannot run tourney etc

Laurcus

10-10-2012

I don't like the idea of a monetary fine for cheating. Instead of discouraging cheating, that simply turns it into risk vs reward.

You can almost think of it as spending 30,000$ for a greater chance of winning 1,000,000$. Does that sound wrong and really messed up to anyone else?

People can call me a TSM fanboy if they want, but I think Azubu Frost should be disqualified. Because from where I'm standing, cheating once in a tournament sounds like a really favorable gamble. By the math, it's just plain smart.

Elenia Andras

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by George MichaeI View Post
They know too well how to manipulate the mob... 30k isn't much on a tournament with this much prize money, but it is going to charity, so people who think the penalty is too minor will feel guilty if they aren't on board.
Learn to read. The penalty is 20% of the winnings. At the moment, that number is at 30k. If Frost went on to win the tournament, it goes up to 200k. Tell me that 200k isn't much.

Currencyy

Recruiter

10-10-2012

IMO they need to fix their rules some. To be honest who wouldn't try to cheat knowing that winning would get you a million dollars. Like hey let's try to cheat and if we don't get caught yay but if we do get caught we still have good info and a chance to win a million dollars and they can take a cut of our winnings to pay for cheating.
I hope you see my point.

glemmstengal

10-10-2012

if you acknowledge they are cheating you should DQ, not penalize, the teams they cheated against lost their spots in the tournament unfairly

SillyFearz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Both teams were instructed to look forward at all times.

Looking away and gaining no benefit from it is a minor violation of the rule. (see TSM's and WE's warnings)
Looking away and obtaining crucial information that changes the gameplay is a major violation of the rule. (see AzF's fine)

Simple key is the difference between a Minor violation and a Major violation.
Its still blatantly cheating even if they received no information. Had they received same information from their looks they would be in the same boat as AZF I dont think its fair just to give them a slap on the wrist just because they got nothing out of it looking to gain advantage is still looking whether you got the advantage or not.

At least thats how i see it cheating is still cheating whether you get something from it or not.

Vsin

10-10-2012

If we want maximum justice while still maintaining that TSM vs AZF was TSM's loss, I say DQ AZF and strip all their winnings, then give the winner of CLG EU vs WE a bye in the semis. Maybe with the Bo1 turning back into a Bo3.

If you're just going to fine, then it NEEDS to be either a 20% deduction off EVERYTHING, or else a larger flat deduction (eg: 50-75%) off the prior winnings. 30k off 150k is kinda pathetically small when you think about it.

Dr Plutonious

10-10-2012

Wow.

And people were ragging on TSM so much, calling them trash, etc.

The least they deserved was your peoples respect, especially now that RIOT has determined AzF cheated.

That's just bull.

Dfwang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Oh snap! Gj Riot.