In-Game Shop Keybinds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonOfAthena

10-09-2012

Alright, so there's lots of potential here to speed up the whole thing, but those are obvious and I hope work is already being considered on this front at the very list.

What I suggest is something a bit less...obvious.

I would like us to be able to assign a keybind, similar to Shift, Ctrl or Alt which you hold down while pressing either Q, W, E, R.

Instead, you would simply hold down the keybind and the proper number between 1-6 on your keyboard when you buy an item, automatically assigning it to that position. If an item is already there, it would be moved away.

Now, I know this may require a bit of programming... but the current "buy-drag" routine may be getting a bit old, and this is a way around that.

Please consider it, at least.

Sincerely,
-SonOfAthena

Thoughts?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I'm surprised no one's posted on this yet - I saw it earlier but didn't have time to address it. It seems like a good idea to me, as the shop is often one of the longest delays I experience when backing, sometimes even beating out mana and health regen. Part of the reason for this is the possibility of misclicking a menu option, forcing you to back out and try again.

I'd actually like to see the shop interface completely redone for convenience, including customizeable suggested builds(so you could easily click on the items you regularly build without having to find them in the menus), a more easily navigated menu system, and a cross filter and search function like the item page on the website has, for newer players.

Hotkeys would definitely be a good addition to that, or at least a step in the right direction until something like that can be implemented.

shiero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

want this, riot make it happen!

SonOfAthena

10-10-2012

Bump for activity.

MistereNee

10-13-2012

bump, i want to see this happen

TheBziur

10-21-2012

Using 1-6 keys isn't a good idea, it's easy to trigger an item by accident. also would make using items clunkier, as the game would wait for the key to be released.
There is always bottom row of keys to be used, or just numpad keyboard.

Also there was suggested countlessly a searchbox in the shopping list, that would be just as useful.
Generally good idea, but not that many people would benefit, as learning to operate shop with keys when you are short on time may not happen.