Talon has been considered a "troll pick" for a while now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuhbleD

10-22-2012

I really enjoy playing talon, except that my team starts fighting as soon as I pick him. Everyone calls him a troll pick, even though I'm the one that usually ends up getting trolled-> "Talon you're worthless late game," "We have no AP, we have Talon," etc.

Talon is just as good as an AP carry when played correctly (atleast at <1600), but not too many people actually know this. If I pick him my team starts bashing my pick.

Something has to be done about this forgotten champion, I hope he becomes more "useful" (in the eyes of other players) for season 3.

Valtome

10-22-2012

He's only justifiable when you have an AP jungler. MAYBE if you have Swain or Rumble top.

DuhbleD

10-22-2012

Point proven. You really don't need an AP jungle. Just a mediocre amount of magic damage is all you need (Warwick, Jayce, Udyr, Skarner, Sona, Ezreal, Malphite, etc.) Just need to get last whisper earlier and there is no problems at all.

DuhbleD

10-22-2012

Also, if you get a quick 2/0 against your mid lane opponent, you make them basically useless until they can farm up a big item. Furthermore, this will often cause the enemy team to get early chainmails, setting each of them back 700g and further delaying big items which may hurt the adc a bit mid game, but you more than make up for it by their lack of damage.

James Is Legend

10-22-2012

your job as talon is to snowball early...... because fact of the matter is, he does fall off hard late game.

Azrethe

10-22-2012

People complain about me playign Syndra. But I tend to be the last one with a standing turret and have more cs than anyone on either team. I think the problem is she needs good teamwork to be as damaging as possible. Something that doesnt happen in soloqueue. Could be the same with talon?

Tutskii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhbleD View Post
I really enjoy playing talon, except that my team starts fighting as soon as I pick him. Everyone calls him a troll pick, even though I'm the one that usually ends up getting trolled-> "Talon you're worthless late game," "We have no AP, we have Talon," etc.

Talon is just as good as an AP carry when played correctly (atleast at <1600), but not too many people actually know this. If I pick him my team starts bashing my pick.

Something has to be done about this forgotten champion, I hope he becomes more "useful" (in the eyes of other players) for season 3.
Talon is not as good as an AP mid. An AP does more than burst, it also forces the enemy team to have to split their itemization paths. Amumu built only armor? Your Ahri can blow him up.

Defense VS talon?

Build armor, which also defends them against your AD carry.

And, Talon is worthless late game.

DuhbleD

10-22-2012

Quite the contrary. Talon is all about Solo Q. I don't think I've ever seen him in a competitive match. The key to Talon is mobility, ususaly the enemy mid will be too late to mutter MIA before you get a quick double kill if you're up 600g over middle. If not, you can 100% bust bottoms summoners, putting your bottom lane into a good situation.

And talon is a late game terror for the AD carry, even if you didn't snowball early you should atleast have a last whisper, bloodthirster, and guardian angel. More than enough to blow up an adc.

DuhbleD

10-22-2012

Please tell me how Talon is useless late game.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00BY View Post
your job as talon is to snowball early...... because fact of the matter is, he does fall off hard late game.
sure... if you wasted your snowball building a glass cannon....

if you built a tanky fighter capable of tackling their backline champs, he's fine. certainly he's no worse off than, say, Riven, Lee Sin or Xin.