was it the right decision?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

10-10-2012

a recent issue came up and i had two choices. i picked one, but on hindsight i'm not so sure about my decision making. hopefully someone here can help me figure it out.

so i was pushing mid as an AD carry after a 3 for 2 exchange (our favour) our vlad decided to go farm enemy wraiths instead of pushing tower. so i pushed the tower on my own. as i'm attacking the tower, enemy fiora comes from the river bush (warded) and i have a few seconds to decide which way to run as i cannot duel her profitably for obvious reasons.

I could run back towards my tower, or i could run towards vlad, who was still farming wraiths. i still had my flash up, so i could use that.

as it happened i decided to run towards vlad hoping we could turn it into a 2 v 1, but he continued to farm wraiths and i died to fiora, giving up my 4-kill streak. i am not sure if the result would be different had i decided to run towards our mid turret instead.

did i make the right call? should i have chosen to run back to the turret? i had about half hp, vlad was at around 3/4 and fiora was full hp.

FaerellG

10-10-2012

Did you ping Fiora?

going for a 2v1 is a great decision especially since you were in a position that made it difficult for her to escape. But you need to communicate your intentions to your ally.

Also, did you have Exhaust or Ignite up to help shut her down quickly? You did note that you were at half HP and Fiora can be quite bursty so you need some way of ending her quickly, cutting her bite, or otherwise ensuring that she dies and you live.

The 3rd option you didn't note was to run into the opposite jungle to escape. If she was coming from river, you could just run through the opposite jungle and juke around until you lost her and could back, or you managed to escape to a safe turret. You noted that you had flash, so that would make it easy for you to dodge around in the jungle, allowing you to hop a nice wall and get away.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

You had already seen that your Vlad didn't have much common sense from his choice to farm a weak jungle camp rather then push a turret. It was probably too much to expect him to have map awareness after that, even if you had pinged.