riot should really do something about afks in rank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terran1mba

10-10-2012

I lost so many games because of afks or dcs in ranks, is really sad and it really frustrated for me because i knew we could of win that game easily. I dont know how you explain it, but im pretty sure a lot of people are suffering the same problem as me. plz upvote this and hope riot would do something about this

Sleekman

10-10-2012

Turn up leaver buster, if someone does this more than twice in a week, ban them(from ranked) for 24 hours, if they do it more than three times, ban for the week(again from ranked)

If your computer is not working, or your internet is ****, you should not be playing ranked games. If you burn down your house more than twice a week, you need to relearn fire safety.

Trans Ending

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleekman View Post
Turn up leaver buster, if someone does this more than twice in a week, ban them(from ranked) for 24 hours, if they do it more than three times
if somebody ruins 2 games for 18 other players in 1 week ban them for 24 hours boys!

yeah haha that'll teach em

Skilltestingman

10-10-2012

I know. Let's make a system for any person who leaves a ranked, get someone to track the person down. Go to his house, confirm who he is and then beat the living **** out of him.

Watch anyone leave a ranked now

Zamiel The Grey

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleekman View Post
Turn up leaver buster, if someone does this more than twice in a week, ban them(from ranked) for 24 hours, if they do it more than three times, ban for the week(again from ranked)

If your computer is not working, or your internet is ****, you should not be playing ranked games. If you burn down your house more than twice a week, you need to relearn fire safety.
Ahem to that, no truer words

Wytemajyk

10-11-2012

I've actually never been on the forums before, and I normally understand that "afks happen." I'm not proud, but my power went out once, and i left. One time, my laptop just died. Permanently. However, these are rare occurrences (2/800 games or so.) I take the COMMITMENT of joining queue seriously. You're committing to a team, and to playing AS LONG as it takes. Remember, 4 other people are committing their time. So, if you afk at the start, you're wasting AT LEAST an hour and a half of OTHER people's time.

This said, I still understand that sometimes it happens. HOWEVER

In the last few days, afkers in ranked have become MORE COMMON than full teams. I played 8 games last night. Out of them, 6 of them had an afker. I had an afker on my team FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. There is nothing ok with this. And so what if I won the 2 games with no afkers, and the 2 games where the opponents had one? Honestly? This kills the legitimacy of ranked and turns it into "league of lottery" By this I mean "did you roll the team with no afker." You can all tell stories about that ONE time you won a 4v5 from the start (ive actually done it twice) But the truth is -- it's near impossible. It's essentially a guaranteed loss. This needs to be fixed.

I contaced riot with in depth screenshots of 6/8 games having afkers. They responded with a copy-pasted boilerplate "we will look into THIS player's actions" AKA they did nothing. But something DOES need to be done -- and until it is done, I vow to NOT buy any more RP -- the only way I have of showing my displeasure.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytemajyk View Post
I've actually never been on the forums before, and I normally understand that "afks happen." I'm not proud, but my power went out once, and i left. One time, my laptop just died. Permanently. However, these are rare occurrences (2/800 games or so.) I take the COMMITMENT of joining queue seriously. You're committing to a team, and to playing AS LONG as it takes. Remember, 4 other people are committing their time. So, if you afk at the start, you're wasting AT LEAST an hour and a half of OTHER people's time.

This said, I still understand that sometimes it happens. HOWEVER

In the last few days, afkers in ranked have become MORE COMMON than full teams. I played 8 games last night. Out of them, 6 of them had an afker. I had an afker on my team FOUR GAMES IN A ROW. There is nothing ok with this. And so what if I won the 2 games with no afkers, and the 2 games where the opponents had one? Honestly? This kills the legitimacy of ranked and turns it into "league of lottery" By this I mean "did you roll the team with no afker." You can all tell stories about that ONE time you won a 4v5 from the start (ive actually done it twice) But the truth is -- it's near impossible. It's essentially a guaranteed loss. This needs to be fixed.

I contaced riot with in depth screenshots of 6/8 games having afkers. They responded with a copy-pasted boilerplate "we will look into THIS player's actions" AKA they did nothing. But something DOES need to be done -- and until it is done, I vow to NOT buy any more RP -- the only way I have of showing my displeasure.

I've played about 2,300 games and i've BEEN REQUIRED to leave about 4-5 times, over the course of 2-3 years. The fact that people afk so much is a travisty. I believe there should be far harsher punishments for leavers.