Lulu support question.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
3 cc is an advantage towards Sona.
.
Sona is poke comparison. Sona has a heal. Sona wins.

Janna is cc comparison. Janna has better teamfight presence. Janna wins

You don't compare one with the other they're seperate. You want a poke support. Sona is better. You want cc and teamfighting Janna is better. Once again get it through your head. Lulu doesn't win in these comparisons


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
Sona is poke comparison. Sona has a heal. Sona wins.

Janna is cc comparison. Janna has better teamfight presence. Janna wins

You don't compare one with the other they're seperate. You want a poke support. Sona is better. You want cc and teamfighting Janna is better. Once again get it through your head. Lulu doesn't win in these comparisons
Lulu pokes and has 3 ccs. Seriously, thinking is not hard.

Guy 1: coke and sprite are better than dr.pepper
Guy 2: no dr.pepper is way better than coke because coke has this ingredient whereas dr.pepper has this ingredient

Guy 1: Fail. Listen to what I said. Sprite has this ingredient

Lesson is that no one cares what ingredient sprite has because no one challenged you on sprite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-10-2012

something is wrong with your brain.

Sona is better than Lulu at poke. Sona also sustains AND teamfights better.

Janna is better at Lulu at CC and teamfighting. Janna also brings a global teambuff passive AND an AoE heal.

whatever you're trying to bring Lulu for, another champion does it better. why is this so hard for you

the one unique thing she has is an AP buff, which is of almost zero usefulness considering the meta. accept that Lulu is a terrible character, move on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
something is wrong with your brain.

Sona is better than Lulu at poke. Sona also sustains AND teamfights better.

Janna is better at Lulu at CC and teamfighting. Janna also brings a global teambuff passive AND an AoE heal.

whatever you're trying to bring Lulu for, another champion does it better. why is this so hard for you

the one unique thing she has is an AP buff, which is of almost zero usefulness considering the meta. accept that Lulu is a terrible character, move on.

At this point I'm sure you're just trolling, but I'll humor you.

Yes, Sona does out poke her in lane. However, the only thing of major impact that Sona brings to a teamfight is rather broken initiation. Aside from that, Sona can only peel for a carry, y'know, the support's job, with a weak slow/ms increase. You pick Lulu over Sona for the late game power, while remaining relevant in lane.

The lane is where Lulu has Janna beat. Janna can babysit. She's a weak poker, and has trouble setting up kills without a jungler. Janna's Q and W are fantastic for peeling, and her shield+free bf sword are a great steroid. Her ult is for disengaging, and in solo queue it's often a good way to screw your team up.

Lulu's Q provides a ridiculously powerful, multi-target slow. W is an instant hard CC with a slight slow, which is great for peeling off single targets, or she can use it to speed someone up if they're being chased by multiple targets. I'd say she's about even with Janna there.

Janna's shield+steroid are generally superior to Lulu's, so Janna wins that

Now the ultimates. Janna has a fight reset. Using it for more than one or two ticks of the heal is dangerous, and considering she doesn't get to build AP, it's hardly noticeable. Considering how many gapclosers there are around, and how short the knockback actually is compared to something like Bladesurge, I'd say it's fairly weak as a peel compared to Lulu's.

Lulu's ult makes her carry tanky, and they get to keep the health afterward, effectively acting as a heal. It's an AoE knockup on the targets around it, followed by a ridiculously strong slow aura around it, meaning that even a vegetable of an ADC can now kite like a pro. Lulu makes bad ADCs good. That alone makes her superior for solo queue in my mind.

Really. They don't do her job "better". They're just different flavors, with different strengths at different points in the game. I still say Lulu is better than Janna at protecting a carry, while Janna might be stronger at disrupting a fight as a whole.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
At this point I'm sure you're just trolling, but I'll humor you.
why would i be trolling? the only time lulu was brought to the finals was when they wanted to make a gimmick play of diana pull + orianna ball + lulu ult + chogath rupture.

they lost that game anyways.

every other match they don't bring her for precisely the reasons i stated. other supports do the intended function better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
why would i be trolling? the only time lulu was brought to the finals was when they wanted to make a gimmick play of diana pull + orianna ball + lulu ult + chogath rupture.

they lost that game anyways.

every other match they don't bring her for precisely the reasons i stated. other supports do the intended function better.
Okay? There's a difference between organized play by pros, and the ****fest that is solo queue. Somehow, I don't think the OP is asking which support he should play at the finals.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Okay? There's a difference between organized play by pros, and the ****fest that is solo queue. Somehow, I don't think the OP is asking which support he should play at the finals.
and there's a difference between bringing something unique and useful to the table and being a GOOD and WELL DESIGNED character and being some sort of jack of all bads where every thing you do can be done better by someone else.

oh except for this one thing that no one uses anyways...

yeah so lulu is bad. it's not hard logic to follow.

you people should be agreeing with me so they understand the issue and attempt to fix it so that lulu doesn't remain "karma level" support.

wouldn't take much at all