Undermining the Honor system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

Senior Member

10-11-2012

>>>I'm talking about a Co-Op vs AI game. A BOT match.<<<

Just finished a bot match. At the start of the match 3 players went mid, got executed by the turret, and when the game began they all stayed mid, and proceded to feed Cass-bot. Throughout the game they stay mid.
I played bot, solo. At some point in the game however, they began talking about me as if I weren't playing correctly. They said: "Shen, what are you doing? Shen, stop it!" etc. I finished the game, 3/0/0. I didn't join them in mid.

When the game ended, I found that there was not quite any category to Report them in.
I was also greeted with 2 honor pts for "Teamwork."
Hence my post.
Shouldn't there be a category to report such players in?
And, shouldn't we be able to report people obviously attempting to undermine the Honor system?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

You want to report someone for playing triple mid on a bots game?
I wouldn't punish someone for doing that on normals or ranked. Why would I punish that on bots?

Also, I am not sure what you mean by that. They probably honored you because, despise their play that obviously made you mad, you still kept playing and helped the team win, that's teamwork.

As for reporting someone for abusing the honor system, use the "spamming" category and leave a comment explaining it was because of honor.

Although, I don't think this is a case of this.
I think this is a case of people trying to have fun in a way completely out of the meta, and they did so on a bots game where they knew they wouldn't make someone lose because of their weird playstyle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightwave248

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Although, I don't think this is a case of this.
I think this is a case of people trying to have fun in a way completely out of the meta, and they did so on a bots game where they knew they wouldn't make someone lose because of their weird playstyle.
I dunno about that. It sounds like they also reported him in that game though because of the supposed comments they made in chat.

If it was just the 3 mid or just the feeding or just the offhand comments of "what are you doing" then probably pardon. All three together is fairly odd + the 2 honor which means 1 of the three atleast game you the honor. Now judging from that I would assume they also reported you in an attempt to have the automated system for honor exploiting ban you. I am making a fairly big assumption here, but to me all these things together kind of feel like an attempt to screw people over using the new system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwave248 View Post
I dunno about that. It sounds like they also reported him in that game though because of the supposed comments they made in chat.

If it was just the 3 mid or just the feeding or just the offhand comments of "what are you doing" then probably pardon. All three together is fairly odd + the 2 honor which means 1 of the three atleast game you the honor. Now judging from that I would assume they also reported you in an attempt to have the automated system for honor exploiting ban you. I am making a fairly big assumption here, but to me all these things together kind of feel like an attempt to screw people over using the new system.

maybe or maybe not.
We don't have enough evidence to know if that is the case (which could be)

but I know for sure many people (specially pre mades) uses bots game to have fun. And while some feel annoyed by the mess they are doing, it is rather funny when other people they don't know join in the play.

things like "what are you doing?" or "omg report shen for feeding", "shen not mid report" or whatever they said. I know for sure many people do this just for fun (while they might not really it is not fun for some people).

Of course, I cannot say it is the case for these specific people, but I saw many like those.

If they didn't offend you or anything, then don't worry.
Even if they were reporting you (for whatever reason) their report alone is not enough to make you get punished or lose your honor or whatever, so, no worries.

But I still think you got things too serious. People tend to do stupid things on bots games because they know they won't lose anyway, so there they can try things they wouldn't against other people because they know it would be a free win for the enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightwave248

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
maybe or maybe not.
We don't have enough evidence to know if that is the case (which could be)

but I know for sure many people (specially pre mades) uses bots game to have fun. And while some feel annoyed by the mess they are doing, it is rather funny when other people they don't know join in the play.

things like "what are you doing?" or "omg report shen for feeding", "shen not mid report" or whatever they said. I know for sure many people do this just for fun (while they might not really it is not fun for some people).

Of course, I cannot say it is the case for these specific people, but I saw many like those.

If they didn't offend you or anything, then don't worry.
Even if they were reporting you (for whatever reason) their report alone is not enough to make you get punished or lose your honor or whatever, so, no worries.

But I still think you got things too serious. People tend to do stupid things on bots games because they know they won't lose anyway, so there they can try things they wouldn't against other people because they know it would be a free win for the enemy.
Wont lose.... I have lost bot games due to feeders OP bots with 20 kills 2 deaths.

Anyway main point, it is a possibility that they were trying to cheat the system which is merely what I was pointing out. I definitely agree we have no evidence to prove it but lyte did mention a red flag comes up when people who get honored a lot also get reported so it could be a new attempt to get people banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwave248 View Post
Wont lose.... I have lost bot games due to feeders OP bots with 20 kills 2 deaths.

Anyway main point, it is a possibility that they were trying to cheat the system which is merely what I was pointing out. I definitely agree we have no evidence to prove it but lyte did mention a red flag comes up when people who get honored a lot also get reported so it could be a new attempt to get people banned.

omg really?

but I mean, you were a new player... right?

I fed cho gath bot more than 30 kills and he still couldn't kill our mf



and honored and reported too often.
As pendragon said, everyone gets reported (even himself gets reported), but this means little since people report for anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightwave248

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
omg really?

but I mean, you were a new player... right?

I fed cho gath bot more than 30 kills and he still couldn't kill our mf



and honored and reported too often.
As pendragon said, everyone gets reported (even himself gets reported), but this means little since people report for anything.
Couple weeks ago, I happened to select a champion I wanted to learn so I couldnt carry. Had 2 new people and 1 feeder. dealing with a 5/0 champion at lvl 2 is hard, and it snowballed from there.