How is Hecarim?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zWilky

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Ok, so I just bought the Champion Hecarim after seeing some guy in my game go ham with him.

Ive watched a few videos on him, and he looks to have great mobility, lots of health, and some decent damage.

Now that I have him, what kind of role should I be playing with him? Top lane, Bot,..?

Also, can Hecamrim carry and dominate games?

Thanks for your help
-zWilky

Wintersfall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

He is either a top lane bruiser or a jungler primarily.
he can carry if fed early but he works better as a disruptive tanky team fighter or a johnny on the spot high mobility type.

Ladayen

10-10-2012

I find jungling fun with him. Great mobility, he can get places faster then the enemy expects and he permanently ignores unit collision so he can get at or away from champions despite minions around them.

ShallowRed

10-11-2012

He's not generally considered a high tier champion, but he's SUPER fun IMO. I mean...he's an armored ghostly centaur, what more do you want? :P

Andarel

10-11-2012

He's not bad, but there are a few things about him that make him kind of awkward:
- He LOVES trinity force, and can proc it constantly with his Q syncing after CD stacks, which lends to the Irelia build of TF (+ maybe 1 more damage item) and then pure tank.
- In an even fight, it is very hard to kill him due to his W healing him constantly as enemies take damage. This leads to a great lategame and high snowball potential.
- His ult is very disruptive, though it's cooldown is long as hell.
- Because he is a lategame champion, his early game isn't the best. This unfortunately leads to problems when ganking, since his damage isn't amazing and he's got a bit of trouble getting solid CC in without his ult.
- He is fast, but his mobility skill has a hella long cooldown and only lasts 4 seconds (and burns his mana out if he uses it too much), and is required for ganking. It's unfortunate.
- Spirit of Dread is a bit too weak to sustain him through trades early, so he loses early-game to a lot of toplane bruisers. I feel like he's strong in a farm lane, though.