Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Finally hit 2k elo... Most important thing I learned:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solstic

10-10-2012

Congrats!

Keeping a positive attitude is the most important thing. I've come back from games before where I had a teammate or two trash talking the entire team for "being bad." Later on we get good engages and turn the entire match around and win.

What really made me happy is that one of the trash talkers turned around and apologized to the time right after.

Backpacklol

10-10-2012

I do this every game and still have negative win rate

ardulus25

10-10-2012

Quote:
xChronicSx:
BE POSITIVE!

3) Stop trying to force dodges based on picks: So what your teammate locked in Master Yi jungle? For all you know he could be the best Master Yi this game has ever seen. Believe in your team no matter what happens!

THIS, so much this. If you aren't 2500+ (and even occasionally at that ELO) then champion power is almost irrelevant out side permabanned S tier champions. I would much rather give someone a chance to refrain from effecting them with my negativity and see if they are in fact AWESOME at their preferred champ.

Ezran

10-10-2012

I learned that Jungle Teemo is the most OP thing since sliced bread in a ranked game the other day. True story, try it some time.

Ezran

10-10-2012

Quote:
Backpacklol:
I do this every game and still have negative win rate

Even when you're positive 100% of the time you aren't at net positive since starting? I suggest watching high level streams to learn how to improve your game. Each game, decide on one thing you're going to do really well that game (like buying wards every time you go back, getting perfect cs, knowing where the enemy jungle is at all times, don't die a single time all game etc). If you do this, you will find your skills become greater than those around you.

Winning, and ultimately elo climbing, is a consequence of playing better than everyone else around you. Winning is a secondary objective to playing perfectly.

(woah mindf*ck) <3

Nid

10-10-2012

team morale means a lot. when people stop caring about the game, they'll start missing cs and make simple mistakes.

being positive helps people get kills and get cs and win!

Slashiroth

10-10-2012

The biggest helper to get elo is TIME and LUCK, playing more make you better but you need luck too, and never troll.

Backpacklol

10-10-2012

Quote:
Errantive:
Even when you're positive 100% of the time you aren't at net positive since starting? I suggest watching high level streams to learn how to improve your game. Each game, decide on one thing you're going to do really well that game (like buying wards every time you go back, getting perfect cs, knowing where the enemy jungle is at all times, don't die a single time all game etc). If you do this, you will find your skills become greater than those around you.

Winning, and ultimately elo climbing, is a consequence of playing better than everyone else around you. Winning is a secondary objective to playing perfectly.

(woah mindf*ck) <3

I'm always trying to improve. For me I think that my positivity is not always "contagious." I try to diffuse team arguments but it rarely works.

Byrnes

10-10-2012

2) you're*

Excellent post! Upvote given!

Thryale

10-10-2012

This is all good info, and I have been trying my utmost best to put this into practice. But my elo just keeps dropping. I know I'm not the best LoL player in the world, but I am doing my best to inmprove.

My biggest problem is that I keep getting players on my team that just continually bash eachother with no regard for how it impacts their chances of winning. they think they are the best thing since sliced bread and don't want to listen. Not to mention at my elo, teamwork is nonexistant. So even if I have a solid laning phase, my team tends to fall apart late game. How do I manage to control my team to focus objectives long enough to win the game?