Who's better for learning support, Ali or Leona?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morrocc

10-10-2012

Pretty much the title question. I've played Leona a few times before and did fairly well, but only because I queued with my friends (who are all much better than I am). Solo queuing support is the only role that I am truly uncomfortable with, so I want to start improving with a tankier champ. I can't land a clean skillshot for ****, so I don't really like Blitzcrank. So who do you guys think is better for a new support, Alistar or Leona?

MrHarz

10-10-2012

Leona/Blitz aren't really support, they're a tank and a bruiser respectively, you put them bot to rack up kills for your AD. Leona also relies on her E and Ult to be effective, both of which are skillshots.

You can't really go wrong with Alistar, though he is banned fairly often.

Padagi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Neither?

Learn Sona + Taric + Janna, in that order, instead. If you can win with them, you can with with Ali. Leona I don't know because she is one of the 14 or 15 champions I don't deem necessary to even own.

Reallshotgg

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarz View Post
Leona/Blitz aren't really support.
wat?
soraka is a good start she isnt hard to learn, taric requires coordination with your lane partner more than skill, janna is harder than you would think to play (using your shield/poking effectively)

Dayblazer

10-10-2012

Taric.. most forgiving support.

michelada

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarz View Post
Leona/Blitz aren't really support, they're a tank and a bruiser respectively, you put them bot to rack up kills for your AD. Leona also relies on her E and Ult to be effective, both of which are skillshots.

You can't really go wrong with Alistar, though he is banned fairly often.
u can't put blitz in a category cause he can be anything he want.

Ten Inch Rooster

10-10-2012

I would have to go with Alistar on this one because you can heal back up if you fail in your initiation and pay for it with damage from the other team. I work well with Leona because when I'm her I sit next to my roommate who is the adc and can tell him when I'm about to charge in and stun. Without that knowledge the stun and root that you put out will be lost in reaction time of your ADC. Alistar can not only heal but also reposition the enemy if needed if the knock up chance is wasted.

A Swarm of Koala

10-10-2012

out of those two, I'd go with leona. Alistar's easily the stronger of the two, but he's usually banned, or snapped up by the enemy team, so mastering someone you can't play is kind of pointless.

Lagginator

10-10-2012

You should go with Leona, it will teach you to be aggressive as a support and you'll learn when to initiate with her ult. Both are important.

zakarul

10-10-2012

Soraka