@Morello: Let's talk Varus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baltheir

10-15-2012

Honestly, in any situation i suggest you fire off your Q first (since it takes the shortest while to cool down), followed by R then a few auto attacks and as his R starts to fade,E for slow (trigger blight as well), usually by this time your Q has just finished cooling down and your can fire it off again.

This play usually gets you a kill. However, note that your runes and masteries are structured accordingly (AD).

Aydis

10-16-2012

I'm going to shamelessly plug An Upset Zombie's idea for Varus:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=varus

@ Meddler: The current problem with Varus, aside from his slight lack of strength to balance out his immobility, is that leveling a passive is not fun. It's just boring for a laning phase. I feel like Q was clearly intended to be his laning skill. It allows him to farm safely if there's too much jungle pressure or harass his opponents. So I feel like An Upset Zombie has a fantastic and fairly simple idea: Swap the passive and the W. Let W act as an AS steroid to give him that slight bit of power that he currently lacks, while simultaneously removing the need to level a passive ability in laning phase.

(Before you downvote me, please at least read his original post. I cannot support it enough.)

Paintrain6242

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I love Varus, he is easily my favourite champion. Switching the current W for the current passive does seem like a great idea.

TwiceHH

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Sorry for the lack of response, incredibly swamped with work at the moment. Would love to talk about Varus' design process, current state and comparison with other champions in detail and will return to this thread for that. Will be at least a few days and possibly a bit longer than that though until I've got time to do so properly, apologies.
MEDDLER PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

This is a great thread with awesome ideas and feedback but could you also check this other one out? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=idea+for

It has a ton of views, upvotes, and feedback also that would hopefully somehow help you out!

Titiln

10-16-2012

varus shouldnt have mana.
annd his Q should have a shorter or longer C/D based on how long he's charged it for.

bradles

bradles

10-17-2012

I just realized that i'm the third person to link that...

Paintrain6242

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Sorry for the lack of response, incredibly swamped with work at the moment. Would love to talk about Varus' design process, current state and comparison with other champions in detail and will return to this thread for that. Will be at least a few days and possibly a bit longer than that though until I've got time to do so properly, apologies.
Meddler pls

Paollo

10-17-2012

Please

Paintrain6242

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertchewal View Post
I read the entire post, and you complained about activating Blight, and you still don't know how his E works. If you know how to play Varus, you max E first. On top of it you said almost nothing about his E other than it being a slow utility. It is totally related. I talked about Varus.

I don't think you know how his E works, actually.

I do know how you think it works, though..