Banshee's Veil not as protective as I thought

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khmera

04-09-2013

This item is very useul when someone tries to cc you using a skillshot, but it doen't

protect you from most spells anymore. Maybe it's a glitch, but when Singed uses his

poison on me I expect my veil to protect me right away. I know it's a waste but certain

spells, such as tormented soil should at least be blocked. I mean spells that allow a

champion to right click and use their effect on you while you have veil on you are

already not blocked since they are considered auto attacks. So at the very least I would

like if the veil protected me from these spells. I mean they are spells, so might as well.

I've been using Banshee's veil in my builds yet again so I was just a little upset when my

team had a very successful tower dive and before we killed off Morgana she tormented

soiled me and my hp fell so low that the turret finished me off, even though I had veil on.

I Dont Win Games

04-09-2013

If veil proc'd in singed' gas, he would be able to flip you, resulting in almost certain death. By not procing in low DoT spells, it accomplishes it's goal by protecting against CC and Burst damage.

Ornan

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Chris View Post
If veil proc'd in singed' gas, he would be able to flip you, resulting in almost certain death. By not procing in low DoT spells, it accomplishes it's goal by protecting against CC and Burst damage.
I'm fairly sure the OP was implying that the veil wasn't going to pop and still keep him protected from damage over time effects, or somehow protect him from more than 1 tick of DoT.

Calculating OPness of such a concept as we speak.

I Dont Win Games

04-09-2013

would be most op item NA

Voidgolem

04-09-2013

banshees is flawed because when you buy it to protect yourself versus that LeBlanc or whatever what actually ends up happening is the shield gets popped by Ashe/Ez/Etc and then you get blown to bits anyway.

needs a shorter cooldown, basically.

Frizzy350

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
banshees is flawed because when you buy it to protect yourself versus that LeBlanc or whatever what actually ends up happening is the shield gets popped by Ashe/Ez/Etc and then you get blown to bits anyway.

IDK why they just don't change the dynamic of it and allow it to be an active spellshield. Giving control to the player would do wonders for banshee veil.

XElement

04-09-2013

Why are you skipping lines? Ugh >>
Anyways, sounds like your issue is with DoTs? Well all dots are magic damage and BV DOES give you MR and some health. So it actually would be pretty good even if you dont include the shield.
while also saving you from a random spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post

The CD was already lowered. Any less than 25 and it could be too strong.
I mean, if it was 15 seconds that would be pretty amazing in lane.