"Relax, it's Dominion"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Divergence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
You are the reason why people quit Dominion after 4 games. I want you to take a dive into a pit of venomous snakes.
Where else am I supposed to unwind from 5v5? I go to dominion to play stupid teemo builds. I really don't see what's wrong with using dominion to just relax. It's not like I troll and play bad I just do new things that (usually) suck.

Orphane

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divergence View Post
Where else am I supposed to unwind from 5v5?
In the pit of snakes I just mentioned.

Divergence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
In the pit of snakes I just mentioned.
Just to make sure I know where I'm going.. that's the place your ranked elo went to die right? I hate not having google maps for directions.

All trolling aside though... I really don't see what is wrong with not try harding every game in non-ranked modes. I understand ranked is for doing your best but "relax, it's a normal game, not ranked" sounds just as valid as "relax, it's dominion" to me. This could all be solved by introducing ranked dominion I guess.

Orphane

10-10-2012

Quote:
All trolling aside though... I really don't see what is wrong with not try harding every game in non-ranked modes. I understand ranked is for doing your best but "relax, it's a normal game, not ranked" sounds just as valid as "relax, it's dominion" to me. This could all be solved by introducing ranked dominion I guess.
This is interesting because you admit you would care about Dominion if there were some sort of arbitrary number that tracked your progress relative to other players. Except there is. You just can't see it.

So why does ranked matter again?

Divergence

10-10-2012

The difference to me is that my progress is measurable and sometimes even brings neat rewards at the end of the season.

To me normal games are a place that I can screw around and not worry about dragging down the ranking of others. It's the "safest" way to goof around beside custom games (which are a joke even when I'm trying to do weird ****).

dxG Skumbagz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Honestly this is how I approach Dominion.. I think it's kind of a fun lighthearted joke game mode. I play it the same way I do ARAMs. If you want a competitive fair environment just play 5v5s.

So yea, relax.. it's dominion.

SR being fair? Say that to the players i would own cuz someone on their team fed me cuz they don't know how to ward. Or when im doing good bot lane and about to destroy their tower but someone top or mid fed an enemy player(s) too much. Do you have any idea how easy it is for me as a skilled AP carry to kill undergeared players as opposed to fighting evenly geared talons or bruisers on Dominion?

Divergence

10-10-2012

Feeding happens in every game mode.

Now that I'm thinking about it, another reason people don't seem to take dominion seriously is the champion balance. Bruisers rule the metagame; it's the same reason people don't take 3v3 seriously.

Eyemite

10-10-2012

Ive never actually heard this being said. However when people are trolling especially things like ap olaf there is something to be said about the match at least ending alot quicker than SR...

Infirc

10-10-2012

Quote:

Now that I'm thinking about it, another reason people don't seem to take dominion seriously is the champion balance. Bruisers rule the metagame; it's the same reason people don't take 3v3 seriously.

Feedings happens in everygamemode lolwutwtfknownotthingaboutdominionpotato? Now please do yourself and all of us a favor and go abck TO Sr with the pack of trolls you belong to.

Malah

10-10-2012

Quote:

Excuse me, we have balance issues because SR has an entire lane that's completely broken. Our OP champions are the same toxic ones from SR: all the top laners. And, just for variety, we toss in stuff like Lulu and Janna because when you have actual combat (unlike SR), combat supports are rather effective. When Riot nerfs the entire top lane for S3 that's going to knock out an overwhelming majority of the OP and "strong but not cheesecake" BS we have going on. It's not going to nail things like Kassadin or Lulu, but that's why we ban them. or pick specifically to counter the OP stuff. (Goes for Rengar and Khazix as well, but I don't really believe they're all that with proper itemization and a support keeping them busy)

Now, unlike SR, we don't have stuff like farmed as hell bot/mid laners stomping an entire team to worry about because we have assassins jumping on their ass from two minutes in the game. I'd consider that a hell of a lot more balanced than having three characters with gold meeting up at 15/30 minutes in to fight over dragon and baron/base towers while your support is pretty much a walking ward and aura dispenser and the jungler is equally starved unless they got a ton of ganks off.

Besides, bruisers only rule the metagame if your team comp is retarded and you try doing something like 4 squishies and a bot laner. You have no front like and get destroyed. Alter that to a tanky mage, carry, tank, and a bruiser of your own, and you'll be in business. T/B stand in front and soak up the CC and damage, mage keeps their front line from destroying your's, and the carry sits back and dismantles their team. Kiting, CC, and Last Whisper/Void Staff will screw over a bruiser line if you're smart about positioning.