Need to promote dominion maps or maps for shorter time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogue2012

10-11-2012

It doesn't make sense to always spend 45 minutes in regular maps. I wanted to play the dominion maps however it takes forever to join a match.

Riot needs to promote maps for shorter gameplay, for example with increased IP or whatever, otherwise it is quite painful for casual players.

We just need quick matches and shorter gameplay and still have fun.

Jetsetradi0

10-11-2012

I agree with you, but for a different reason. The queue times are a little long, but not terrible. what IS frustrating is that there % of people who play dominion is very small when compared to SR. This means that the matchmaking is skewed. For example, I played a pre-made 5v5 with my friends. Our levels were 30,30,14,17,23. It matched us against the same 5 lvl 30's 3 games in a row (we won all 3 games). the low number of players, coupled with the way in which RIOT algorithms match players makes it so that i commonly fight the same opponents or have recent opponents on my team. I think something that might work well would be to Offer 2 first wins of the day. One for SR and one for Dom (I would reccomend scaling dom's down to be 75 IP or 100 IP instead of 150IP).

FDru

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsetradi0 View Post
I agree with you, but for a different reason. The queue times are a little long, but not terrible. what IS frustrating is that there % of people who play dominion is very small when compared to SR. This means that the matchmaking is skewed. For example, I played a pre-made 5v5 with my friends. Our levels were 30,30,14,17,23. It matched us against the same 5 lvl 30's 3 games in a row (we won all 3 games). the low number of players, coupled with the way in which RIOT algorithms match players makes it so that i commonly fight the same opponents or have recent opponents on my team. I think something that might work well would be to Offer 2 first wins of the day. One for SR and one for Dom (I would reccomend scaling dom's down to be 75 IP or 100 IP instead of 150IP).
For the record, when you're in a premade you get a significant matchmaking elo boost and you're very likely to get matched up against high level players every time. You're also almost guaranteed to get matched up against any other premade in queue, regardless of what level they (or you) are.

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsetradi0 View Post
I think something that might work well would be to Offer 2 first wins of the day. One for SR and one for Dom (I would reccomend scaling dom's down to be 75 IP or 100 IP instead of 150IP).
I'd prefer it if Riot didn't encourage people to play modes they don't like just to farm IP.

FDru

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokel85 View Post
I'd prefer it if Riot didn't encourage people to play modes they don't like just to farm IP.
Actually, it's a good idea because they are required to win. Dominion needs more players to try it because most don't give it a chance because some high elo SR player said it sucked.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

this works for me, mattch with a friend that has played 0 to 4 Dominion matches in total, just one, more than one wil break strategy, sure you'll get thorwn with 4 Wins people that are lost and don't know what tey're doing on either you or the Enemy team, but hey at least the queue will be fast if you are a casual and don't care that much about quality of play.

i do that when i want a free bot lane, Seriously why do Ad Yis keep jumping at Urgot at bot when they are at lvl 3 and urgot can just facestomp them?