Anyone else miss the days of solo AD Carry mid?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tejesh

10-10-2012

I knew my time as mid Trist was coming to an end when I started getting obliterated on a matchly (?) basis by super burst APs (LeBlanc...).

Still, I'll go mid in a premade if the oppo team has a Veigar or Morgana.

Moby the White

10-10-2012

i do miss this i feel like after nocturne came out and brand came out it really ended. I had a few games with nocturne mid it was quite fun with his cross map gank

Skrapt

10-10-2012

AD mid is still good. My premade sometimes runs, AD mid. Then give our AP blue and make them 2v1. Then we get a roaming support and jungle. Push towers fast, constantly counter jungle.

Digi did this strat to CLG.EU but didn't execute it perfectly. It's very strong.

Tejesh

10-10-2012

The problem now is that most AP nukes can destroy ADCs mid. Brand in particular can do damage from a distance, Annie, LeBlanc is insane. Cass...

I guess running flat MR yellow and blue could help mitigate that somewhat.

Warrikon

10-10-2012

Varus mid...

EFG

10-10-2012

Wasn't any better then how things currently are. Plus ad's can still mid, it just requires a different comp then normal.

MasterofSFL

10-10-2012

I still take my Ranged Carries mid. Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejesh View Post
The problem now is that most AP nukes can destroy ADCs mid. Brand in particular can do damage from a distance, Annie, LeBlanc is insane. Cass...

I guess running flat MR yellow and blue could help mitigate that somewhat.
Caitlyn, Sivir, Tristana and Ezreal can all four easily survive most Mids if you play smart.

Cleans and Flash/Ghost keep most from Locking you down and out of your DPS.

Maw of Mort/Blood Thirster mitigate damage, keep you in lane and give you decent damage.

Many people just forgot how to lane against someone who can Slap them in the ass, but few things have really changed since those days, the majority of the mechanisms are still there in Item Choice and Champion Skill Sets. The only thing that really changed was the player Mentality.

Valkiden

10-10-2012

yup, I loved to AP in bottom

Berivik

10-10-2012

I still sivir mid sometimes against those burst mages. From memory have so far won pretty easily against kass, leblanc and veig, you just may need to put more points into spell shield earlier. I'm pretty sure if you have better reflexes/ping than me you can find more matchups :P. It is very fun though to walk into veig's dark matter for free mana though.

GodEmperorLetoII

10-10-2012

Nope. Cause it was generally then AP top. And that meant to really squishy lanes for easy ganks/kills. There's a reason it died off. The only reason to send AD mid is to counter Kass or Morgana or so.