Mundo - What do you do with him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-23-2012

SO I find Mundo to be hilarious to play, mostly because he doesn't GAF about anything anyone does to him, ever.
I've been playing him as a split pusher (Sunfire Cape, Visaege, Warmogs, Atmas).

Obviously running headfirst into teamfights is kind of his motif as well, so... thoughts?

jmgr4y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Carry cleanse if you really want to see the opponents rage

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

jungle. jungle mundo has reallllly fast clear times, and if you ca hit that first cleaver, crazy good ganks.

SirRawbicus

10-23-2012

Ignite him.

SWZproductions

10-23-2012

I Play Mundo solo top, with his amazing Cleaver you can scare almost anybody away from you :3

McDouggal

10-23-2012

Learn to aim the cleaver, and then let your opponents push the lane and farm/harass under the tower. Your major problems with Mundo are early game ganks (oh god, how I hate getting ganked early) and Ignite late game.

If you're under or very close to the tower, you have a chance to freeze the lane there and completely deny them farm, all while forcing them to blow gold on wards so your Jungle doesn't ROFLstomp him. This is especially good if the opponent doesn't have a poke/isn't ranged. If someone does try to close, you can just unload everything.

Grab Quicksilver Sash if you see an ignite heavy team-this shouldn't replace a core item (Warmog's/Force of Nature/Boots) but it's absolutely huge IF YOU HAVE THE REFLEXES TO PULL IT OFF.

Izzach

10-23-2012

jungle mundo is the way to go, really fast clear times

if you get a good early gank spirit visage+oracles. as long as your ult is up you should never lose your oracles ever.

clear wards, gank lanes, become unkillable late game.

MrRecht

10-24-2012

I go where I please.

Jungle:
Start boots/pots > HOG > Spirit's Visage > Warmogs > FoN > Randuins > sunfire > 2nd warmogs
somewhere in there i finish my boots. build order is largely situational.

Hughes De Payens

10-24-2012

I love teamfight mundo. See their ad carry behind everyone else? No problem... run in and chase them around. They are now out of the fight.

Warrrrax

10-24-2012

Keep in mind that mundo has a fantastic AD steroid adding 100 AD and up to 200! He can keep it permanently up with just a bit of CDR. You want to get away from aura-based damage and focus more on autoattacking as you go into the lategame.

For my jungling I personally go: 9-21-0 (defensive works best for mundo since he does so much magic damage early, then transitions to physical later. So offense isnt as effective)
I take AS red (since MPen isnt needed vs jungle creeps), armor yellow, MR/lvl blue, MS quints.

cloth+5pots (with 3 movespeed quints). Boots+3 just doesnt have enough sustain.
upgrade to Ninja Tabi (great for jungling, cheapest boost available, consumes cloth)
Get Ruby crystal, regrowth pendant.
Upgrade to Warmog.
At this point you are using your excellent Aura to clear very fast and push enemies around dealing huge damage. Warmogs regen is hugely helpful here and the pure health gives you the best effective health at this point due to everyones low base health values.

It is now time to start focusing on your Autoattack and getting those Resists up as those will give you the biggest effective health boost going into the mid to lategame.

+ Antimagic to Wits End (excellent magic resistance, AS and onhit hugely increase 1 target damage)
+ Zeal (more movespeed, AS, and start building some crit)
-> Triforce (hugely powerful on Mundo. permanent movespeed (better than FoN), huge damage proc of 170ish easily triggered by cleavers and AD-steroid spam, more AD, crit, AS. Onhit snare.

Finally Atmas to finish off for tons more AD, more armor and crit. OR an aegis for more armor/MR if needed. Whatever is needed for the situation.

Mundo winds up with tons of health, 80 base armor+20 rune/mastery +25 shoes = 125 armor (plus atmas eventually) MR of 50ish base +28ish rune/mastery +50 wits end = 130ish.

This seems to give a good balance between survival and offensive firepower.