champs i should learn for solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ldealHero

10-10-2012

For solo queue the trick is knowing/learning/maining a champion that is either:
Full of CC/utility
Bursty

I would recommend sticking to 2-3 champions that are not commonly banned, fit into most team comps, and fit one or both of these criteria. Of your list, the 2-3 I would personally recommend would be
1. Riven
2.Vlad/Jayce
3.Mumu

That way you have tanky, ap, ad, utility all covered and you can pick whichever of the few are the most helpful to your team. Hope this helps!

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldealHero View Post
For solo queue the trick is knowing/learning/maining a champion that is either:
Full of CC/utility
Bursty

I would recommend sticking to 2-3 champions that are not commonly banned, fit into most team comps, and fit one or both of these criteria. Of your list, the 2-3 I would personally recommend would be
1. Riven
2.Vlad/Jayce
3.Mumu

That way you have tanky, ap, ad, utility all covered and you can pick whichever of the few are the most helpful to your team. Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Jayce Ive played for awhile now, i know him pretty well.
Mumu is banned prolly 7/10 games depending on how bad my elo is at the time..as i hit patches of trolls, or wins.
I def need more practice with Riven

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

if you are wanting to stick for top lane, go yorick, or morde, heck morde can do top or mid so that gives you two lanes in case you get to play mid some. also for support, go taric, leona for supports. both are very good. if you know your adc is gonna play aggressive and coordinate with you, zyra is a good support as well and a great mid.

Ayukura

10-10-2012

Honestly, I almost always get mid in solo queues. You just have to be the one to call out mid first and select your champ. If someone else says they wanted mid, remind them that you called it first, and that mid is safe in your hands.
You should try to learn every type of lane champion--in case you get stuck with doing that lane or role in a draft pick. Honestly, I reccommend Talon, Kassadin (ultimate anti-caster), Katarina, and Ahri to go mid.
Talon is a great counter for any AP champ. His cutthroat will silence the target, and rake is good for slowing them down to put an ignite on them or do one last hit for the kill. All you have to do in mid-game to late-game is be clean-up crew and farm all day long.
For Kassadin, he is SO OP when he's fed. He easily silences his target, and his ult can make him hop on you when you least expect it. (Just like I do with Akali, huehuehue.) I've never played Kassadin, but my friends have played him and I have played against him. He's terrifying.
Katarina is more of a team champ. You should be present all team fights, and you have to have good judgement whether or not to use your ult. If you get blue buff on her, Her passive is amazing, because after every kill or assist, all your cooldowns are reset, except your ult (Which is decreased by 10 seconds.) If you saw in the recent Pro Player Pick, Katarina 1v5'd a whole team at dragon and got a PENTA just because of her passive and her ult being able to hit 3 champions at once. She's pretty much a glass cannon.
Ahri is just a good champion mid. Her charm will set her up for her combo, and she's very mobile. She's also pretty cute. The only thing I dislike about her is the fact 2/4 of her abiltiies are skillshots, and you have to know when and how to use her q to poke, and her e to charm. I don't play her much, but I've seen a few people play her and do very well with her. (Except against a Kassadin or Talon, of course. Cough.)

Crow024

10-10-2012

You play Mao, get good at him, his banks are unreal and his team fighting is great. Also, I recommend skarner. Jungle is so clutch. If you can feed your lanes and demoralize the team. Boss.

Nishaven90

10-10-2012

Lee Sin is a good top lane and jungler who basically fits into any team comp because of his amazing utility, lack of mana and strong early game.

Ahri is also good because of her high mobility, AoE damage and great laning. Kassadin is a strong counterpick to many AP mids and isn't really banned anymore.