Solotop/Jungling/Runes/ETC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5WG Morgana

10-09-2012

I was wondering if there were any decent champions I could try to learn solotop better.
I've tried Garen a few times, and I was sort-of disappointed in his amount of farm, if the other top-laner is ranged, they can zone me out pretty well as I can't poke them without getting hurt myself and end up losing more HP than them.

I was also wondering if my current Support rune page is fine. I'm only level 21, but I already have all the runes I need for when I get to level 30.

I can't jungle, at all, but I need to get better at it because I've been starting draft games to prepare for ranked. I was wondering if there were any "You can't screw up jungling with this champion" champion.

And how do I counter Teemo mid? I don't really do that well even with Ryze or Morgana.

Thanks.

Heavens77

10-09-2012

Top Lane has the most potential champion diversity, so you will need various Rune pages depending on the champions you are using.

Heroes that do well in Top Lane per type are:
Mages: Kennen, Ryze, Vlad, Rumble
Melee: Riven, Darius, Lee Sin, Jax
Tank: Malphite, Singed, Cho'gath, Jarven
Ranged: Kayle, Teemo, Jayce. Nidalee

I would personally suggest that you learn to play a specifc role, learn a few champions in that role then move on, as opposed to playing sporadically all over the map.

Good starting Jungler champions would be: Nunu, Warwick, Udyr, Mundo

Teemo is just annoying to play againest period, typically the best champions to use are Assassins or Heroes that act like them; Akali, Eve, Irelia, Fizz, Ahri, Panth --- People that also heavilly out sustain him can work; such as Yorick, Vlad, Etc.

5WG Morgana

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens77 View Post
I would personally suggest that you learn to play a specifc role, learn a few champions in that role then move on, as opposed to playing sporadically all over the map.
I can already AP mid with Ryze and Morgana, I've been looking forward to getting Ahri, Malzahar and Vladimir.

ADC is always something I look to get better at with Ashe and GangPlank, I've been wanting to get Vayne, Miss Fortune, and I've been wanting to try out Kog'Maw.

Plus, I've been trying to master support, which is my best-played role so far.

What about the rune page? I think I did well, but I haven't had any opinions.

Thanks for the champ pool, I'll make sure to try them out during free weeks/etc.

Heavens77

10-09-2012

Red/Mark : Armor Pen, Magic Pen, Attack Speed, Attack Dmg
Yellow/Seal : Armor, Mana Regen, Health
Blue/Glyph : Scaling AP, Scaling MR, Scaling CDR
Purple/Quint : Flat AP, Flat AD, Gold10, Flat Health

These are all the most tradional runes, you will be able to use every single champion effectively in the game with these. Of course the other runes are useful for specific situations.

Vlad - can be played Mid & Top, strong overall champion
Ahri - popular strong mid pick
Gankplank isn't an AD Carry, hes a bruiser, typically played top lane.
Vayne - lover her to death, but shes weak without a good team to have your back

(You can look at my Rune pages by going to your profile in League, then typing my name in the search bar.)

5WG Morgana

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens77 View Post
Red/Mark : Armor Pen, Magic Pen, Attack Speed, Attack Dmg
Yellow/Seal : Armor, Mana Regen, Health
Blue/Glyph : Scaling AP, Scaling MR, Scaling CDR
Purple/Quint : Flat AP, Flat AD, Gold10, Flat Health
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30429444#runes

So I wasted my avarice seals?

Wierd, I roflstomp as GP, also, my last GP/10 quint isn't showing up

tacobff

10-09-2012

Top lane is either 19/11 or 9/21, Against ranged prepare to be zoned. (Just get to level 4 or 5 if you have a gap closer and molest them) If you don't have a gap closer or your fighting, vlad, kayle, kennen, prepare to have a hard time. Standard AD runes work, armor seals are a neccessity. Garen's strong vs. those mentioned though, just stand in the bush, if they get to close q them so they cant do respond with skills and spin 2 win.

You can't really screw up jungling for warwick, its pretty much press R to gank and he has so much sustain its hard to mess up.

Teemo mid is countered by simply having at least 2 damage skills, you win trades by that. Morgana just farm as usual, teemo can't kill you or stop your farm. Ryze has a hard time though.

Heavens77

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raminn00dlz View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30429444#runes

So I wasted my avarice seals?

Wierd, I roflstomp as GP, also, my last GP/10 quint isn't showing up
Not necessarily, I just dislike gold generating runes.
Armor yellows are one of the most powerful runes in the entire game.
This is because Armor reduces: Tower Hits, Minions(Casters included), Auto Attacks, Physical Abilitys, Jungle Creeps.

Gangplank is a fine champion, however as you go higher and reach level 30, you will typically see him played top lane.

I vaguely remember a conversation the Rioters were having about how powerful early game armor is, not sure what they have planned for it, we shall see in Season 3.

5WG Morgana

10-09-2012

Thanks for all the advice, would anyone mind adding me? I have only 2 people who I can ask questions to, but they aren't on as much.