Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wukong teacher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smelly Sock

10-09-2012

needed. plz add me in game and teach me your trickster monkey ways.

pentadragon

10-09-2012

Yo,

My summoner spells are Ignite and Ghost because of Decoy. I start with boots and 3HP for sustain in lane. Then I get a couple of Doran's blades. Than I got to Phage and grab Mercury Trends for the Tenacity. Then I work my way up to Trinity Force. Than I get Maw of Malmortius, Bloodthirster, Wit End and than Ranuin's Omen(not in that order).

My masteries are 21-9-0 getting all physical damage in Offence and armor and health in defence.

For my spells, I max Nimbus Strike at lvl9, Crushing Blow at lvl13 and decoy at lvl18.
Hope this guide works!

ScarlettSarcasm

10-10-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...p-guide-176976 (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-dont-touch-the-bananas-solo-top-guide-176976)

Here's a link to Wukong guides on mobafire.com, which is your best bet. There are lots of really detailed, helpful guides that will explain everything from builds to ability combos to runes, masteries, and ability order, as well as fun tips and strategies for Wukong, all from people who have played tons of games as him and have success with him at a high level of play. It's your best access to the masters of the Monkeyking.

This link goes to the most popular one, but if you want to read more (which I suggest) just click on the big picture of Wukong at the top.

Burbinator

10-10-2012

Quote:
ScarlettSarcasm:

mobafire.com, which is your best bet.

LOOOL ****ing died laughing

The guide isn't terrible but saying it's anywhere near the best is kind of ridiculous. some things that made me laugh

Quote:
Ever heard of the nickname Critplank? Well it is from Parrrley that it exists. This move will critical you so do be careful.

His advice vs olaf on wukong is to "Kite him". Except wukong has no range abilities and olaf will e you every time you ever get anywhere near in melee range, lol, how is that good advice?

he doesn't mention ANYTHING about why tryndamere is so good vs AA champions: mocking shout has a ridiculously high AD debuff, so even if you dodge the slow successfully tryndamere is going to out trade you hard, especially inc ombination with his sustain/free crit stats.

He doesn't mention anything about top lane theory or strategy in general such as freezing lane, which is huge in winning top. I can tell he doesn't know much about it though because otherwise he'd be going 19/11 masteries rather than 21/9. Not taking reduced minion damage is just like... wtf

can tell he put a lot of effort into it, but the guide maker's overall experience and knowledge is lacking. Just a very MEH kind of guide.

TwistWrist

10-10-2012

Honestly, I don't get why people think Trinity Force is good on Wukong. Sure, it is good for dueling 1v1 but it doesn't do much for his big game winner....his ult initiation is ridiculously strong. But all Trinity Force brings to your ultimate the 30 AD, slight bit of health, and some move speed.

Rather have a Brutalizer than a Trinity Force. Plus, unlike AD Casters, Wukong can actually use all the stats of the Ghostblade pretty well.

Burbinator

10-10-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:
Honestly, I don't get why people think Trinity Force is good on Wukong. Sure, it is good for dueling 1v1 but it doesn't do much for his big game winner....his ult initiation is ridiculously strong. But all Trinity Force brings to your ultimate the 30 AD and some move speed.

Rather have a Brutalizer than a Trinity Force. Plus, unlike AD Casters, Wukong can actually use all the stats of the Ghostblade pretty well.

Some games you might be dueling more 1v1s (get fed early and split push hard). However i also am not terribly sold on trifroce rush.

The big thing IMO is that phage is such a strong item on any AD top, and people naturally want to upgrade it first, although in my mind i'd rather just keep the phage and building other offense/defense items first, with TF or FM being luxury items after most of my core is complete.

And well, TF does synergize with his ultimate in that movespeed ltes you hit more people and beofre you activate it, if you get a phage proc you can keep them in the damage for longer. Although of course the straight ad/arpen is going to be doing more damage for your ulti.

TwistWrist

10-10-2012

I might just really like Ghostblade on Wukong. Plus, the active lasts long enough for the ult so that's probably why I don't consider the move speed on Trinity to be that essential. Plus, well, Phage is best part anyway. Like getting just that.