[Suggestion] a way to fix locked camera issues for purple team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Currently I dread being placed on the purple team, as the purple team is at a disadvantage for various reasons. As a person who has to play with their camera locked to function effectively I am unable to see as far as I would on blue side. My opponents can hit me with skillshots without me even being able to see them and I am frequently unable to see them to land my own.

The camera is supposedly centered on your champion, but it isn't (I'm not even taking the UI into account here). Rather than try to rectify that directly I propose a simpler and more useful solution; give players the ability to lock the camera to a specific position relative to the champion, the camera still moving when the champion moves. This could even be a separate keybind. This would allow us screen lockers to keep the camera at a position that is more beneficial to us while keeping the same amount of screen real-estate.

An alternative solution would be to have the camera center on a different spot when playing purple.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I really like the idea of locking the camera without it being centered. There's quite alot of disagreement over this issue, and most of the proposed solutions are discredited rather easily, for various reasons.

However, it seems like this would be the easiest fix of all of them, and would go a long way toward mitigating the problem, even if it's not a full solution.

betatrash

10-11-2012

repost: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post29522097

riot needs to implement this. simply because this is the easiest fix which won't 'break' their game as they claim.