Nautilus build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strghtflush

10-08-2012

I've been tossing this idea around for a bit, but does it benefit Nautilus to forgo one of his tank items for Attack speed? I've tried building Nashor's Tooth on him, and getting his attack speed up to ~1/s.
My reasoning behind this is for Titan's Wrath, being able to put out more damage with his modified attacks, along with CDR and the AP provided. However, this means sacrificing some tankiness.

So the question is this, which is more practical? Building him as a stone wall or weakening his defense a little to give him more damage output?

lastchancexi

10-08-2012

I think Stone wall is really strong, just because he's melee, and you want all melee's to be stone wall. Also, as a jungler, you're likely not going to get a lot of gold. But you can get attack speed with Wit's End, which does tons of damage and makes you tankier (and is cheaper than Nashor's tooth).

Notorious P I P

10-09-2012

I found that if your team needs you to do more damage as naut then something has gone wrong. His biggest asset are his cc abilities. Focus on getting tanky and cdr so you can amplify those. My teams tend to do a lot better when i go tanky cdr.

mnun

10-10-2012

Nautilus isn't in the league to get kills, he's there to Cc the enemies to the depths while your teammates reap the profits

Toperharrier

10-10-2012

No, you dont want to buy AS items.

In the other hand, theres some guides and people that told me to try AS red and I must say it works with the bad early clearing he has (while jungling ofc). Besides runes, I wouldnt get any AS item. The tankier you get, the longer you are alive (and hp scales so good with your shield), the longer you can cc their full team to hell. Thats the Naut work.