How does Fiddles work in a teamfight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frafabowa

10-09-2012

So this week rolled around and the free week changes, which is kind of sad since I was really enjoying Karthus and Xin Zhao. In any case, I don't really mind too much, but now that its the new week, I'd like to learn a few more champs.

The obvious one is Fiddlesticks. I haven't ever used him before, he's not an ad carry like Kog'Maw (I've noticed most ads are mostly the same: had very similar times playing Ashe, Graves, and Caitlyn), and he's not a hypercarry that is stereotyped badly like Jax. Plus I really like his design and he's really annoying when I've battled him in the past.

The problem, however, is I have no idea how to actually fight with him. The bulk of his non-ult damage comes from Drain, a skill which, albeit doing massive amounts of damage, actually stuns you, which is naturally not the best thing to have in a fight.

The best thing I can think of is:

-R into enemy team
-Move cursor onto closest enemy
-Mash Q and E
-Zhonya's hourglass, count on team to win

which isn't very satisfactory.

Anyone have any help with Fiddles?

TwistWrist

10-09-2012

Why isn't it satisfying? Fiddle ult wins teamfights. Also great counter-initiation.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

You basically ult into the enemy team and try to keep as many of them in your ult as possible.
It's not worth channeling drain if it allows opponents to escape your ult when they otherwise wouldn't have.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Your strategy is more or less correct - it does take skill and experience to set it up properly, however. I don't play fiddle much anymore simply because his ult is too easy to miss entirely, after which you take quite alot of flak from teammates =P and sometimes even if you can land it, you'll get focused down too fast to be of much use - fiddle's pretty squishy.

If you're willing to stick with him for awhile, you'll eventually get to the point where you can consistently do well with him, and if you want to try that, he is one of the cheaper champions at only 1350 IP(if memory serves), so you can pick him up and keep practicing him after the free week ends.

Xtrordinari

10-09-2012

Assuming you're building Fiddle as an AP Carry with say a RoA and perhaps an Abyssal, you're ult and 5 person silence along with a terrify on hopefully their ADC or APC is all pretty damn useful in a teamfight. Also you'd most likely start drain on a target and only Zhonya's if you're focused to drop aggro. But after all this you've effectively silenced their entire team, cced one of them with Terrify not allowing them to do anything and most likely guaranteed their death, plus your ult most likely did a lot of heavy aoe damage to their entire team. When you boil it down, not a lot of people do anything super satisfying in team fights. Malphite ults in and then proceeds to spam abilities until people die. Brand blows all his abilities and then proceeds to stand there for 5 seconds autoattacking till his cds are back up. Ect ect.

R3dRain

10-09-2012

You should not try to use Drain when you ult is going since you want to keep people in it the only time you would use it is ether after the ult or if you vs dumb people that try to force you while ult is going also they are some time where you may do it if you need to get some health.

happymeal007

10-10-2012

ult in, hit somone with silence and hope it does not bounce off minions, fear somone pref adc or ap mage, drain if ult over or if low, be prepaired to flash out if you did not use it to flash in.

also with fiddle you can jump over walls with his ult, ie if you go tri bushs on the bot lane you can jump that huge wall ( his ult works where if you can jump over half of it the game will give you the rest)

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

10-10-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think the most popular teamfight technique is to start from behind a wall (in the Wraiths area near mid lane is a classic location) and ult + flash into your unsuspecting enemies. Combing that huge area of effect damage with the silence on dark wind and a fear or two you can help make sure that people don't escape so easily. You team should also take advantage of the chaos.

(To this day I still find a suprise-outta-nowhere Fiddlesticks ult makes me jump in real life while playing...)

MadTenuki

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
I think the most popular teamfight technique is to start from behind a wall (in the Wraiths area near mid lane is a classic location) and ult + flash into your unsuspecting enemies. Combing that huge area of effect damage with the silence on dark wind and a fear or two you can help make sure that people don't escape so easily. You team should also take advantage of the chaos.

(To this day I still find a suprise-outta-nowhere Fiddlesticks ult makes me jump in real life while playing...)
Haha, yeah, I hear birds cawing sometimes while driving or something and immediately think Fiddlesticks ulti.

re: OP, that's exactly what Fiddle does, have a huge team fight presence, hard to kill between fear and silence, drain to restore health, Zhonya's ... he's become my second favorite jungler, since i can usually get out of trouble, easy if slow clearing, ganks are easy if you can get behind them and terrify them into teammate ... if you're looking for a solo face melter, not the first choice.