Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robot Yuri

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
please do better anatomy
please please please please, especially the women.

There really needs to be some work done on the ridiculous poses and proportions of the female characters in this game. IronStylus talks a lot but somehow I'm not that enthusiastic after he made such a big deal of how Diana was drawn only to turn around and give her a metal bikini in her skin. I'm worried that that's just the beginning of a long chain of female characters that follow the same pattern.

I'm glad that IronStylus took the time to respond to our concerns and assure us that we could expect better, but I hope you can understand why I'm still a bit apprehensive.

irspeshal

10-09-2012

remake nidareeeee!!!!

her art...not the skills... her clunky, poorly designed model art.

Sourd

10-09-2012

Wait so adding Chinese Splash art takes that much time?

Raburi

10-09-2012

My biggest issue right now in the art department is the splash replacements. Miss Fortune's is GREAT, however, her back is broken. She's a sexualised champion, so I could let it slide. But Lux and Soraka? It doesn't fit at all, so it can only be contributed to sexualisation. IronStylus (and you) covered most of that in his other post anyway, but I wanted to mention it here.

The other thing... is that some choices just feel "wrong" in regards to a few champions. Lux's new splash is GOOD (despite the anatomical anomaly), but her face literally makes her look like a Barbie doll without lipstick on, which doesn't suit Lux's character. Soraka's art, again, is GOOD, but her face? Makes her look like a teenager. I can understand "youthful", seeing as she was immortal, but... THAT young? Doesn't suit her character at all.

I just really want the art department to honour the champion, rather than just sexualising them for the sake of it when you could really do something unique, and create something that die-hard fans of the champion will really fall in love with. It feels like you're cheapening the champions we like to play! Lux and Soraka are my favourite champions, but I can't say I'm in love with their art at all. It's a definite improvement, oh my god, but the small things really just spoil it for me, since they don't reflect the champion and instead go for a "here let me break my spine and get gratuitous amounts of plastic surgery on my face to appeal to you" look.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Why do so many female champions have basic anatomy problems? My most recent complaint is with the new soraka splash. It looks amazing at first but then you look closer at her waist and you realize her spine is broken.

Guttler

10-09-2012

Do you plan to go back and change the names of some abilities? I know the whole renaming of Lux's R was unpopular, but some abilities are poorly named and do need changes.

I'm looking at you playful slash trickster.

Kyrrion

10-09-2012

I'm just curious, do you have any plans for Garen's classic splash? Specifically in the "thumb" category? Looking at the hand over the sword in his classic art, the thumb looks... a little off. It almost seems as there's an extra knuckle in the thumb. Maybe I'm just crazy but it definately looks off to me.

http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...iginalSkin.jpg - there's the link to what it currently is

And if you don't have plans/time to fix such a minute detail, can you bring in the Chinese version (one that was also used for a sale awhile back if I recall correctly). Link here: http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...nalSkin_Ch.jpg and as you can see, the thumb looks far more natural while retaining the same pose and characterisitcs of his current one.

And lastly, a zoomed in look at this thumb in the current art in the client.

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Mudknot View Post
I would like to see more mythical creatures, the Rengar and Kha'Zix Alien vs Predator thing was really cool, but id like to see things rarely touched before. The Jersey Devil is a creature in American culture a lot of people dont think about to often for instance. Maybe a Succubus character?
Also it would be nice to see some dark skinned human characters, it would put a long end to unneeded aggression from people on both sides of this argument. And im sure the creative team could do real well on design to.
We also need Godzilla.

Penakoto

10-09-2012

Anivia needs new default splash art, badly.

Tristana could too, not near as bad but it definitely looks aged.

bussta boy

10-09-2012

Diana has the best artwork in the entire game, who ever did that deserves a raise.