Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNarsil

Art Director

10-09-2012
6 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsai64 View Post
I want something that speak toward the artistic design of the champions, something that makes them personal and unique from the the 100 we have. At this point in LoL's lifetime its important to keep new characters from becoming too similar.

So in a word, what I want to see from LoL's art is personality.
Yes! Us too. We recently went through a period where we felt the splashes were all action packed combat poses. This is great, but we also want to dig a little deeper into who these champs are and what they are about. The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs and we want to express more of that in the art. Take a look at some of the upcoming splashes and let us know what you think!

Karolina

10-09-2012

It would be beyond amazing if you guys would make new summoner icons in such an amazing quality as the recent champion splash screens (*^▽^*)

Grellmax

10-09-2012

Hi RiotNarya.
You guys are doing a great job, and having played since Xin release I'm pleased with the progression over time.

One thing I'd really like seen to though is something that's bugged me for ages. Frosted Ezreal, when doing his idle animation (taking off and inspecting goggle-things) has a black patch where his hair should be that isn't on the blond Ezreal skins. I've made posts in the @Ezreal thread in the past, but he said he has nothing to do with it and can only pass word along.
Hope this gets it fixed though, as I know it's literally a 2-minute job to fix it

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Lady Mai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

What about Nidalee? Dem feet...

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Hopefully you guys were listening to the thread about the discussion on gender in League of Legends (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2646142).

I hope you guys take some of the points to heart. The ball really is in the art department's court as to whether a champion is regarded as a champion that other female players can really connect with or just a champion who is a sexual object. Ironstylus hinted that you guys already have some oversexualized champions too far down the pipeline to be changed, but I hope you guys can make a good effort going forward? EG Diana was excellent and a first day buy for me. Hope to see more like her!

iBest Singed NA

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Do you think I'm beautiful?

KMeisters

10-09-2012

We love you guys

Guttler

10-09-2012

I've noticed that lots of champion abilities have odd animations in that the effective range of the ability does not quite match the animations range.

Ashe's Volly animation flies farther then the damage. Meaning it looks like you hit but you don't. Caitlyn has the same problem with Piltover Peacemaker.
Rumble's Flamespitter animation is too short. Your character is not in the fire, but you are still taking damage.

Do you have any plans to clean up animations so that they match the numerical ranges better?

Also. most champions need there autoattack frames cleaned up so that last hitting with an autoattack is much more crisp. I think Olaf and Ahri are great examples of what how responsive an autoattack should be.

chicoqliao

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yes! Us too. We recently went through a period where we felt the splashes were all action packed combat poses. This is great, but we also want to dig a little deeper into who these champs are and what they are about. The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs and we want to express more of that in the art. Take a look at some of the upcoming splashes and let us know what you think!

Finally, somebody thinks about this!!! I'm so grateful :')

TheHatPerson

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
please do better anatomy
take a look at lux and morg, they look so unhuman, you cant be 3" wide