Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apoclyptica

10-09-2012

How do you personally feel (not as an employee of riot) to some of the most recent art changes that have not been accepted well by the community.
Mainly the Dark Valkyrie Diana change. Also if you cannot answer your personal feeling for this change as it breaks some riot rules. What do you think of community's uproar over the change?

I know this question wont get answered but hey, maybe ill get lucky.

Toxinia

10-09-2012

Can you give some random tips to a novice draw-er?

Drozzi

10-09-2012

I'm curious when you started being the art director, like would I be able to visibly see the impact you've had on the art since you've joined?

Also question about hud, any chance it's being remade in the feature to look cleaner/sleaker?

Tremor

Recruiter

10-09-2012

When you choose to remodel a character, how do you go about doing such a thing? It has been the same for so long...I just wanted to get some insight on how you choose to change and remodel them.

For instance Soraka is taller, looks kind of of limpy and goat-like in a way- What inspired that?

Where do you find the inspiration to change something that has been the same for so long?

Echorion

10-09-2012

I always thought Pantheon could use a visual rework entirely....

but more specifically in regards to art...hmnn.....Maybe teaser images that more accurately reflect a champion? So far they are completely misleading, I thought Zix was goign to be more Zenomorph like from the art...splash comes around, he is bright and vibrant colored.

MidSoulNight

10-09-2012

Is there any plans to revamp old champions ability icons?

Just from the top of my head, i can think of Sion, Ryze, Ashe, they have pretty weird ability icons.

Cpt Shaq Sparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Where does Sion rank on the list of art updates?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-09-2012
3 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LÝrd Abel View Post
Can you draw me Leona without the heels?

Ծ‸ Ծ

I'll field that one...

bearwulf

10-09-2012

warwick and nasus will have a background in they splash art?

Tyhan

10-09-2012

I'm very dissatisfied with the current direction the art is taking. Making everything look normal, and an example is the new TF.

What was wrong with TF's proportions? They were interesting and fun. Sure update his graphics, they needed it, but don't wreck his proportions and change his look completely... Don't just make it realistic, keep it fun and interesting!