Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-10-2012

Why is grungy nunu not throwing cookies?

MisterTibber

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
It's certainly the art teams area! In that same spirit of evolution, it makes sense for us to consider maps as part of that strategy. We want to constantly improve every aspect of the game. Don't hold me to specifics just now, but there's definitely room for improvement on maps.
I know this has been mentioned in other threads and don't know if it has ever been answered but would love to know...do you ever see the possibility of map skins? I am sure it would take a ton of work but I know I would def drop money to buy a map skin so I can change it when I want freely (or keep it always on halloween >=D lol). Or an alternative I did read that they were going to possibly make ward skins? But when I read about this they said they would only be temporary (1-2 weeks) if this happens would you consider making them available for temporary or permanent purchase? By the way keep up all the awesome work ^_^ league of legends has been my addiction for about 1.5 years lol

Glumduk

10-10-2012

You probably get this a lot, but I'd love to work for Riot.
Are you guys still hiring 2d artists (3d's a small part of my skill set - can't really claim it yet), or do you ever contract out?

ThePureE

10-10-2012

Hello good guy, I just have a question here.

Do you guys have a plan to remake the splash art of Divine Soraka?

As a user of Soraka, I cannot explain how excited I feel when I hear the announcement of visual update.
But as a owner of Divine Soraka, I feel quite disappointed because the splash art is keeping unchanged. Actually what's the problem is, the classical and Dryad Soraka splash art show her as a young and cute lady. (and I guess the purpose of the whole visual update project is the same too) But what's the feeling I get from the Divine Soraka is, wow what a old woman. I KNOW THAT DIVINE SORAKA SPLASH ART IS QUITE GOOD, BUT THAT DOESN'T MATCH WITH THE NEW MODEL!

So do you have any opinions about this, thanks <3

Arcane Azmadi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Well, I'm personally connected to this one. I helped make that call. If there was any chance that one skin was going to look like another or that the in-game model could be confused with another champ, we wanted to lean on the side of differentiation and make them as unique as possible. Gameplay is really critical to us and we felt this decision helped make the overall experience better. It was hotly debated...)
Oh so this was YOUR fault? Didn't it ever occur to you that if Syndra (a champion who wasn't out yet) looked too much like Dark Valkyrie Diana (a skin which had been out for several weeks and was owned by many players) then the correct course of action would be to change Sydra? Especially as the changes you made to DV Diana made it look like complete cr*p?

Nothing personal, but I hope you realise that quite a significant proportion of the LoL community will never forgive you for that.

Angel the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

this is less of an art question and more of a personal question, whats the reason you end (nearly) every post with a "...)"

me being me keeps looking back for its brother " ( " and upon not finding it i die a little inside. xD

Mayobe

10-10-2012

I noticed today that Zilean needs some new splash art. He looks really goofy next to most of the new stuff.

M˘ntblanc

10-10-2012

Nidalee rework plz!!

More Leona skins, super plz!!

Miss Moonlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

i have a question about TF, you already updated his art once, why again i mean come on look at nunu ... and warwick and kayle.. dont you think you should stop messing with Tf he looks fine, move on to better champs? why leave out the old ones?

topgunLT1

10-10-2012

well can u guys make the trees , terrains, and all the other surroundings in summoners rift and proving grounds look lively just like u did with crystal scar. i like to watch those machines work, underground mining rail's mystery, the wind mill move, and the birds flying around in crystal scar. Can u bring summoners rift more lively like that, even though there's bugs moving around , shadows of clouds moving and the jungle monsters and baron greeting us with roar r fun its feels quite empty.

My guess is that u can add a bit of animations to the environment rather than make then look stiff , some minor whether changes here and there. I like when the map changes like that its cause of that i like nocturn's ulti , it goes all dark and creepy and i love it.

Thank You RIOT