Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0b1us

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Is there a way that you could enable an individual to select their own splash art?

So let's say that Riot decided to switch the NA Tundra hunter warwick with the chinese version. Now some of us would enjoy the change while others would prefer it to stay as is. So could you enable the art to be selected based of individual preference?

It could be similar to a system where you could do it when you view a champion on your profile. Have small tabs that go vertical to show you can switch the art.

Sephtis

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
please do better anatomy
If I could upvote more than once this guy would have more.

The artwork lately has been incredible.

Save for one major problem, miss fortune, Soraka, Lux (I think morg as well, can't remember), Seem to lack human spines.

I cannot ignore such terrible anatomy, even in the best art there is.

In fairness, soraka isn't human.

But cassiopeia ?Is half snake, and has a more human posture than any of those mentioned.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

narya, you are not a frost golem. You're a beautiful butterfly looking to spread his art managerial leadership wings!

Blixy213

10-09-2012

Is there any plans to be able to switch back to the original splash art/ champion icons? I really don't like some of the new ones, and would love to be able to change back to the ones I grew to love.

Also, I love a lot of the art you guys are doing with the champions that have just entered the league, the attention to detail is unmatched by soo many companies. Cheers!

EDIT: Also PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD give Bloodstone Taric a new hair cut. And maybe a cape, but please, Redo his hair D:

Yummines

10-09-2012

so... when is Sivir getting an art remake?

even Chinese players know it's long overdue

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/o...736c3ae364.jpg

The Harlequin

10-09-2012

I'm curious to know why there's not more skins available in the game? Is it something really all that complicated to implement (assuming we disregard new voice overs, etc)

There are champions that have been sitting around with 2 (ugly) skins for a LOOOOONG time. Your community provides some top notch ideas for skins, even some are pretty much drawn for you. Kind of like Space Nautilus.

It'd be nice to have a wide variety of skins for each champions and hey...more skins can't be bad for business right?

Karolina

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
LOL...the art team did that too me. Then I picked something more appropriate. I'm picking up Malphite now...)
Because you have a heart of stone ? D:

Smikro

10-09-2012

I'm glad you guys have the time to answer these kind of threads. Not only it's insightful, this interaction between developers and players it's the kind of thing that makes LoL such a good game.

Now for a question, do you guys have any plans in improving the maps themselves? I'm not sure if it's your area, but I think there's a lot of room to improvement in the maps, since they haven't changed in a good while. The community really liked when Harrowing map was released last year, would be nice if we had something like this again.

MarryDingoes

10-09-2012

Hey, guys, I really appreciate the work that you guys do (even though the spines of the recently splash reworks makes me feel a little uncomfortable, I can definitely see the effort and how aesthetically appealing they are). I came across (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2646142 and how involved and amazing you guys are. Keep up the good work.

I have a question regarding Freijord Ashe's skin, which I feel needed some Red response from it. The community was against it because she was "Barbie-doll." I myself was going to buy that skin because she looked so cool and cold before (also, that posture, those eyes, and those lips), but with the recent art change, I do not feel motivated to buy her recent skin. I feel that we LoL'ers just accept the new skin now, much to our disappointment, and just move on. What do you guys feel about the audiences' reaction and the lack of motivation to bring her old skin back as time moves on?

TLDR; you guys are awesome, I miss the old Freijord, and I just called our community LoL'ers.

sembik

10-09-2012

Why is poppy's head shaped like a football?