Is Rengar really all that?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-10-2012

He's pretty beastly if played right (Oh wait, that's everyone...almost.)

I prefer KZ though. You don't have to be in a bush or ult to leap. And you can leap to safety, or to get closer without actually having to leap onto the person. Not to mention the CD on assist/kill.

Malah

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
He is an assassin in solo queue. Assassins tend to be overrated and overvalued.
Bingo, ladies and gentlemen.

Solo queue has yet to discover the magic of CC and Hextech Sweeper, so assassins will remain OP as hell in the eyes of the average solo player. Once you see them coming and can fire off some kind of CC at them, they're not that great.

@Bot lane comment: my name is <Insert champion that will benefit from an armor item>, and I have a chain vest. That tickled.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post

Solo queue has yet to discover the magic of CC and Hextech Sweeper, so assassins will remain OP as hell in the eyes of the average solo player. Once you see them coming and can fire off some kind of CC at them, they're not that great.

@Bot lane comment: my name is <Insert champion that will benefit from an armor item>, and I have a chain vest. That tickled.
@Bot lane comment: My name is <AD Assassin>, and I have a Brutalizer and LW. Your chain vest was yummy.

AerosMacCousland

10-10-2012

Quote:

Anyway Rengar and Kha tend to be Tanky they can survive CC when they aren't dumb enough to Dive 1v3 on an Enemy Team

@Continuing the fun Line

"Insert Bot Laner with Magical Based Damage"-Ty Assassin

"Assassin Rushes LW"-Good item choice bot guy

konfetarius

10-10-2012

Quote:
If you believe that all bot laners are honorable knights who will let you duel the assassin, kill him, go back to base to heal and buy, and come back, you have another thing coming.

Rengar is fantastic for bot lane ganks because of his ult and burst damage. And once he reaches level 16, his ganks cost him almost nothing for essentially guaranteed kills thanks to his ultimate's low cooldown. Also, the built in maphack helps him determine if your team is attempting to set up a counter-gank.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

He's pretty good as a ganker. You should actually spend close to no time ever sitting on a point unless you're capping it. Stay in the jungle (your side of the jungle mind you) and keep the enemy guessing where you are. bruta/lw are his primary core with IE and ionian. After that it almost doesn't matter what you build because you'll have enough CDR to chunk squishies pretty quickly.

Though in the end i prefer KZ over ren. Just all in all a better ganking kit.

DiscworldDeath

10-10-2012

Quote:

I don't know who you're playing with, but I see sweepers in many of my games, even in games where no one has stealth. CC is also plentiful almost always...