Item Concept Trash Bin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
That is a very good point, one that a few others have made in Item Discussion and one that I agree with. Spell Vamp stacking to large values is problematic; so why does it stack across items?

Making it a universally unique item passive would free up some new build options, while also allowing buffs/tweaks to the current spell vamp items if needed.
Because it's not slot efficient. You sacrifice a lot of damage, utility, or (ironically) survivability to get high amounts of spell vamp on any mage, other than Ryze, Ahri, and Morgana who have innate spell vamp.

52% spellvamp from Revolver, Gunblade, and Wota (72% if you have another person with Wota) amounts to 190 AP. No health, no armor, no MR, no CDR, and 3 slots and near 8kish gold for less AP than Rabadoodles + any other item alone.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Because it's not slot efficient. You sacrifice a lot of damage, utility, or (ironically) survivability to get high amounts of spell vamp on any mage, other than Ryze, Ahri, and Morgana who have innate spell vamp.

52% spellvamp from Revolver, Gunblade, and Wota (72% if you have another person with Wota) amounts to 190 AP. No health, no armor, no MR, no CDR, and 3 slots and near 8kish gold for less AP than Rabadoodles + any other item alone.
Jax and Katarina could still abuse that pretty well, what with innate resistance and dual scaling.

Actually, an Eve with defensive masteries/runes could also play around with that.

ProfDrDeath

10-20-2012

Another one for point 8:

Further Sheen upgrades.

WonderBoy55

10-20-2012

Bump

Nea De Penserhir

10-21-2012

Bump for sticky

siriussorrel

10-22-2012

Bump because this needs a sticky.

WonderBoy55

10-23-2012

Not sure where this one belongs, maybe 8.1:

Making an item just for the sake of more build paths. Ie: "Stinger only builds into one item, so lets add another!"

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
Not sure where this one belongs, maybe 8.1:

Making an item just for the sake of more build paths. Ie: "Stinger only builds into one item, so lets add another!"
It just fits under 8, although that's really what the title says in the first place.

It also fits under stat availability (as carries are not currently balanced around CDR being available) and upgrades that would eclipse other upgrades (about the only item it couldn't beat is Phantom Dancers...IF the item it combined with didn't have Crit. If it did...).

ChampStat

10-24-2012

Just a question, Exdeadman. Every time someone suggests a new bruiser/AD caster item, you counter it by saying that AD carries are balanced around 0 cooldown reduction. Why is that? I just don't see what's so bad about Graves firing Buckshot every 7 seconds instead of every 9. Please enlighten me.

Sonic Nova

10-24-2012

Exdeadman, I know you're attempting to handle item concepts and sorting them between the good and the bad, and you now have somewhat of a following from what I understand, but you're not the authority on item concepts. I know you appreciate balance (I appreciate balance myself), but I've so far seen you shoot down multiple item concepts or item adjustments that are entirely feasible. I understand that a lot of people do want parallel items, like a magic thornmail, which is one thing I've been wanting to bring up. I still don't understand why you keep insisting it would break the game, just have it have a passive where it can't return the MD from other thornmails. This would stop it from reaching an infinitely small number of damage, as you have described as breaking the game. Riot isn't that stupid, if they wanted to implement m. thornmail they would know how to prevent it from breaking the game (if you were a parent, would you want your baby to get hurt?). I know many people want unoriginal, parallel items, but listing all the types of unoriginal ideas and posting them under only one thread isn't going to solve anything, and people are still going to create threads to promote the idea of parallel items. We're all players here, we don't take precedence before others, seniority does give some status, but not enough to claim, say, that you perfectly understand Riot's balance system (which only a Rioter would). I've seen some pretty marvelous threads started by junior members, while still seeing rather stupid ones started by senior members. I'm not trying to be demeaning in any way, but can you at least look past some of your bias and see an item for what it truly is and what it'd offer for League of Legends, instead of another item that you either say yes or no? Constructive criticism is the key to good concept development, don't just shoot down some ideas by saying "No, it's unbalanced, it'll ruin the game", at least approach it from your likes, dislikes, pros and cons of the item and then leave it open-ended so it doesn't sound like you've determined if it's a bad item or not. Just give people a chance...