Item Concept Trash Bin

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Leaf View Post
I'm curious as to what exactly this concept is and why there is a problem with the idea.

I'm sounds like it would give supports the ability to carry more than 5 wards in one slot. If so, I think that would be ridiculous.

However, if it is just an item that gives you stats and the ability to hold 5 wards in the same slot I would not be apposed. The stats would have to me low, of course. Maybe have it combine a ruby crystal with a meki pendant. The final item would give the wearer 200-300 hp, 10-15 mana per 5sec, and the unique ability to hold 5 wards in the same slot as the item itself. The wards could not be of the same nature (it would have to be either 5 vision or 5 sight, cannot hold both). I'm just spit-balling ideas, of course. I do think though that the idea of an item with low stats but the ability to hold wards is a considerable one.

I'm open to feedback of course.
There have been several suggestions for how this could work; the most frequent suggestion is a seventh item slot specifically for wards, I have seen a few suggesting what you're suggesting as well, and I actually haven't seen anyone suggesting being able to hold more than 5 wards in a slot (though you are right it would be insane).

To your idea; it doesn't sound that bad, really, but one of the main points about end-game is that each player has to choose whether they want to max out their item build, or keep a slot open for wards. Usually a support will keep a spot for wards, and sometimes a jungler or solo top will hold onto their Wriggle's forever.

Don't forget that by end game, at least two people on the team will have Oracles and start ward sweeping anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
Honestly as far as Unholy Grail compares to Archangels, I personally find that the Athene's is more useful on Casters with high CDs on their abilities, while I really only use Archangels for casters with spammable low CD moves, especially if they are burst mages. My reasoning for this is actually pretty simple: Low CD spammable abilities are necessary in order to build the bonus mana from archangels, and low CDs generally also suggest that you will burn mana at an alarming rate when you are trying to rack up those kills. This generally means that you will burn mana at a faster rate than you can hope to regen, and so it makes much more sense to build Archangels for the higher mana pool. An AD Chalice wouldn't make a lot of sense because Chalice/Athene's generally favors AP Nukers, who have much higher CDs than AD champs would. Manamune does pretty much everything those champs need it to and more.
Exactly right. Also, about Archangels vs Chalice, having lower CDs also means less reliance on CDR.

TheLastBaron88

10-14-2012

So I have seen a couple of suggestions about an Armor-Reduction Aura item. I know there is a stigma against "Mirror" items, but I have also heard that this was an effect included in the original Stark's Herald, before it became Zeke's. I am a bit curious why it wasn't moved to a separate item, as was the case with Zhonya's Ring and Zhonya's Hourglass/Rabadan's Deathcap. But I had heard rumor that this armor reduction aura was already planned to be introduced in Season 3. Any opinions? And does this belong on the Trash List?

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
So I have seen a couple of suggestions about an Armor-Reduction Aura item. I know there is a stigma against "Mirror" items, but I have also heard that this was an effect included in the original Stark's Herald, before it became Zeke's. I am a bit curious why it wasn't moved to a separate item, as was the case with Zhonya's Ring and Zhonya's Hourglass/Rabadan's Deathcap. But I had heard rumor that this armor reduction aura was already planned to be introduced in Season 3. Any opinions? And does this belong on the Trash List?
Long story short; it IS being moved to a separate item, but Xypherous couldn't balance it immediately. It wasn't particularly high-priority either, as the immediately pressing issue was getting rid of flawed items(Stark's Fervor as a whole, not the -Armor aura) and introducing healthy support-itemization such as Zeke's/LotIS ASAP.
The new -Armor item probably won't be anything like the old Stark's, and that's bound to be a good thing. Xypherous once even hinted it might not explicitly be a passive aura (could be an Active, like Randuin's? Nobody knows...)

JustMyBassCannon

10-14-2012

Yeah, Stark's Fervor had an Armor Shred aura before it became Zeke's Herald. It is also accurate that Riot plans to reintroduce that aura, hopefully early in Season 3.

The only part that belongs on this list would be directly mirroring Abyssal Scepter, because it would pretty much replace Atma's Impaler; bruisers would want Armor Shred more than Crit Chance and be willing to forgo maybe 10 AD if that for it.

WonderBoy55

10-15-2012

Bump for sticky

Pitufito Dell

10-15-2012

Bubububumping

ChampStat

10-16-2012

Bumpidity. Sticky Riot pls.

Nykidemus

10-16-2012

There's really nothing inherently wrong with an item being good on one champ and bad on another. Thats most of the point of the whole concept of item builds.

ChampStat

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
There's really nothing inherently wrong with an item being good on one champ and bad on another. Thats most of the point of the whole concept of item builds.
That is true. However, the goal is to avoid items that are good on one champion and OP on another.

JustMyBassCannon

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
While that's okay for an item concept, there's a difference between an item legitimately being more useful to one champion than another, and an item concept that would be imbalanced because of the champions who could use it to the fullest extent.

To explain this, I'll take the concept of increased attack range. Now, all RADCs are balanced around their range; Caitlyn has a longer base range than other carries but scales the weakest into late game, Ashe has range in between Caitlyn and average RADCs but has almost no early game power, Sivir has the shortest range of all carries but has much more innate mobility and team utility...

So, the first thing wrong with an item that would increase attack range is that it would throw off the current balance of range; ALL RADCs, especially Tristana, Kog'maw and Caitlyn, would have to be rebalanced to take into account that they are highly likely to pick up this range booster because it is going to be very helpful. I mean, why run fast enough when you can just shoot far enough, right?

The second problem with increasing attack range is that there are two champions with numbers over 700. This means that the amount of the range increase would have to take this into account; tower attack range is around 800, and we don't want carries just backdooring all day with no repercussions.

Another problem with a range increasing item, pointing back at the first, is that it would become another must-have item. Xypherous is planning on reducing all RADCs' dependency on set-in-stone build paths. But what ranged carry would forgo a range boosting item unless the stats on it were preventative?

12345678 ... 9