Playoffs Resume October 10th at 5:00 PM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killy Wonka

10-10-2012

A 2 million dollar prize pool generates a lot of publicity, interest, and viewers, and a free-to-play business model opens your game to a huge potential audience, yet none of these things can apparently make your company professional.

Things a professional company with any real interest in furthering e-sports would do:

-Start broadcast on time, or if a delay is necessary, put a face onto the stream to explain it and update your audience on when it will start.
-Follow e-sports standards for soundproof booths in conjunction with noise-cancelling headsets, and, it seems too obvious to say, but prevent any line of sight from the players to any stream screens.
-Run the game server locally so there is no absolutely no potential for any connectivity problems with the game itself
-Ensure a reliable outside connection with an appropriate level of redundancy (ideally two levels) to make every effort to maintain the stream to the outside world despite any foreseeable or unforeseeable problems (hardware failure, bandwidth strain, DDoS, etc).
-This last one is more of an opinion than an undeniable fact, but obtain real casters. Phreak and Rivington are a couple of nice guys, I'm sure, but they are terrible e-sports personalities, and light-years away from being professional.

This is my first and probably last forum post, and I doubt anyone will read it, but it just shocked me how little this forum community apparently noticed or cared about how terribly Riot embarrassed itself with this past weekend's display.

Edit: Also a professional company would probably license more than a 42 second loop of dubstep to fill the entire role of "music" for their broadcast.

CptKink

10-10-2012

Hi Redbeard,

I don't understand how you came up with this schedule and am not saying this to sound like an ass either. I'd just like to figure out how this'll work out please

The first game is at 5:00pm and it'll only be one game to determine who's going to semi-finals between CLG.EU and WE.

The next match is the semi-final between M5 and TPA at 7pm. That sounds very reasonnable to have a 2 hours gap between the start of CLG.EU vs WE and the first game of this semi-final. But as far as I know, this is a best of 3 right? So there's a possibility of 3 games being played between M5 and TPA but the next match is scheduled only 2 hours later at 9pm. 3 games in 2 hours? Even 2 games in 2 hours seems tight. That's IF everything goes perfectly well.

So basically, I just want to know if all the games will be played tonight no matter what or if it gets too late, the remaining games will be postponed saturday?

Thanks!

-Kink

Enelor

10-10-2012

Oh that's only 1/2 AM European time on a Wednesday when normal people have school or jobs.

Perfect!

SuperShadonic

10-10-2012

There will be no audience... no wonder... its being held at Garen Centre, a crazy place that keeps spinning with nothing but bushes in it.

Roronooa Zoro

10-10-2012

i can't wait to see more wards die lol. i would like to see who killed the most wards and who spent the most gold on them this world playoffs. it would be cool to see all the gold lost to a oracle death too
ohh yea Phreak your my hero! you make the game that much more fun to watch. thanks for all your hard work Riot you guys ( and girls) Rock!

Vorduul

10-10-2012

Thank you very much for putting this together. I look forward to watching the games this evening. ^_^

Anarcomunist77

10-10-2012

:S Noobs

lllReguluslll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

i really want to see m5 vs taipei.... it will be a great ap carry battle.. both ap carry are amazing!

Willier

10-10-2012

Great that you managed to resechedule the matches. its very unfortunate that all those problems occured during the live event.
I just want to express that the schedule is horrible. it will be 1/2 AM in Europe... on a wensday...
I know you guys whould get a lot of slack if you scheduled for early NA time as well..
But it coulda been 1 or 2 hours early. imo.
Thank you anyway.

Melindar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I just re-watched the CLG.EU vs WE game that crashed and forced a remake for game 3, which was eventually postponed. At the time, the casters said that CLG.EU would have the option to remake with the same champion picks or reset the picks and bans completely. Do they still have the option to keep their team comp from the other day, or are they starting fresh with new picks and bans for game 3 tonight?