Playoffs Resume October 10th at 5:00 PM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Thanks for the note.

I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.
Thank you. My battle here is done. Good day sir!

Juyen

10-09-2012

it seems pretty obvious the AZF most likely cheated
that said, when Thierry Henry cheated to get France into the WC finals over Ireland it still counted.
When Maradona did the hand of god move it counted as well. These things happen in professional events whether they are sports or e-sports
Occasionally teams get shafted. It sucks but you just need to move on.

Juyen

10-09-2012

As for the 1 game versus 3 games, knowing Riot there is a good chance they consulted with the two teams in question to make that decision.
There really is no point in trying to dump on them. Glitches and mistakes happen, move on.

That said I think that a double IP day was a super weak response. They could have done better than that. Assuming someone wasted the 8 hours tuning into those matches, conning them into spamming games all day to make up for time lost really does not do much.

KRYPTØNITE

10-09-2012

Really Riot?? Your'e just letting AZF get away with cheating vs TSM??? No penaltly at all for cheating at the World Finals Championship with a $2MILLION prize pool?!??!!? LAME.

So basically, if my team is losing game 2, all I have to do is look at the minimap and cheat, so it restarts and my team can win next game. I call complete Bull ****.

Zer0HP

10-09-2012

That's just great. Not only did I waste an entire saturday last weekend trying to watch the CLG vs WE match but now I don't even get to see the remainder of the playoffs at all because it's during the week.. you know.. the week.. when people have to work.. sigh.

BananaSniper

10-09-2012

I am so pumped, I want to see azubu frost vs M5 so badly

k88lange

10-09-2012

CLG.UE vs WE last match will be new ban/pick or same from last match?

Gays

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Great question -

I know a lot of you have been asking about the format of the WE/CLG matches. As an update, theyll be playing a fresh best of 3 match to determine which team proceeds to the Semifinals.

Given the unique circumstances that impacted the games on Saturday, and the event delay/change of venue, weve decided that in this specific instance, a new match is the best course to ensure a fair outcome. Both teams were informed and on board with this decision, and they are preparing accordingly.
what happened to this redbeard? I thought it was going to be a new best of 3. you said it yourself

LiegeWaffles

10-09-2012

Riot, on EUW the equivalent topic is getting downvoted to hell, since once again you've listed an American timezone ("pacific time") over there without listing what that is in European timezones.
Please, please make it a standard practice for each "announcements" post that includes a date and time to also include a link like:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...1010T17&p1=137
so people can easily look up start times in their timezone.

edit: argh! that stupid "outgoing link" forum bug! replace each "&" in the resulting URL by an "&".

Sadistix

10-09-2012

thats bs the clg has to play again imo