Playoffs Resume October 10th at 5:00 PM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xAltairis

10-09-2012

Glad to know that you guys are looking into the AZF/TSM cheating case.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
I think what riot has concluded is that the current evidence does not suggest that a DQ or a rematch is warranted but because they take this event very seriously they want to take as much time as they possibly can for more evidence to surface before they make a final decision.

I doubt riot is just lying to us when they say they are looking into this, many players are concerned and it is a matter of much controversy. This event means alot to riot and there is nothing to suggest that they will sit on any opportunity to exercise the most diligence possible. Its not fair to say riot is not being serious about this. Keep in mind that riot once gave their approval to a decision to DQ both finalists for an event rendering the entire thing without a winner. You don't think that was an unpopular, inconvenient decision that made the event look bad?
I was under the impression that the crs/dig DQ had a lot to do with MLG and not entirely up to Riot. Besides, Reginald has already stated there will be no rematch but gave us no further information, which leads me to believe that Riot has already come to some decision but has not told us due to damage control. They want to do it right before the matches so people don't have as much time to stew over the decision and want to let people think they are working on this a lot more than they actually are so people feel they are very invested in our concerns(you can see the positive effect this is having on community attitudes towards Riot here and elsewhere). Both benefit them greatly, which is why I think it would make sense for them to do so.

Cynder Wraith

10-09-2012

Yaaaaaaaaay! Can't wait!

Kyon2570

10-09-2012

Now that the upcoming "Game 5" is back tomorrow, I've dedicated a compilation of Ward Kills of CLGeu-WE series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQkOf6EcRo

Wingchunpwns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Thanks for the note.

I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.
What about the ping at level 1 when Azubu pinged TSM early? Was that an accident or something?

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-09-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aowin View Post
I didn't assume you were sweeping anything under the rug. I believe you and Riot that you guys are trying to make the best possible decisions for the tournament, the community, and the teams. I look forward to your guys end decisions and I appreciate you're response and your efforts in this!
Ah gotcha, well then perfect!

Scubajake

10-09-2012

Hi RedBeard.

Off topic, but I wrote a message yesterday which you responded to and I believe you took it the wrong way. I made a joke at the end of my post about you posting all day, and I believe it came across as me having a go at you. Just wanted to clarify that I was more impressed at a VP putting in the effort than anything. Can't have you thinking we don't appreciate the effort your putting in

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi132 View Post
I was under the impression that the crs/dig DQ had a lot to do with MLG and not entirely up to Riot. Besides, Reginald has already stated there will be no rematch but gave us no further information, which leads me to believe that Riot has already come to some decision but has not told us due to damage control. They want to do it right before the matches so people don't have as much time to stew over the decision and want to let people think they are working on this a lot more than they actually are so people feel they are very invested in our concerns(you can see the positive effect this is having on community attitudes towards Riot here and elsewhere). Both benefit them greatly, which is why I think it would make sense for them to do so.
I also believe that reginald was likely told that riot has determined that there will not be a rematch. That statement did not seem like mere speculation on what he thought would likely happen.

like i said in your quote i think that riot has essentially made their decision but they are refusing to truly put their foot down until there is absolutely no more time to wait for evidence. It can be argued reasonably as you are doing that this is a PR move but I think it has more to do with riot's comitment to take this event as seriously as possible. It is not unreasonable for them to assume that nothing will come up to change their mind but why be hasty and not allow the possibility of this to happen? This is what I think they are doing. In the meantime however riot has got to proceed with the tournament. This is why they let reginald know "as of now there will be no rematch" I feel as though riot is able to do this while at the same time continue to seek out and wait for more evidence that might change everything

tl;dr: riot is very sure that there is not a basis for a rematch or a DQ, but they are holding off on making this final and are continuing to investigate just in case something comes up.

iMyung

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemonk View Post
We appreciate you keeping us in the loop RedBeard, but with the announcement of the time schedule for the semifinals (specifically the Azubu Frost vs. the winner of the quarterfinal) you can see why some people believe that the decision has already been made and because its outcome may not be liked we feel that it may be swept under the rug.

Keep up the awesome work RedBeard we look forward to watching the semifinals tomorrow!
This was my initial impression.

Galice

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are planning on piping in crowd audio for every ward kill, so don't worry
god yes, plz do!