Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playoffs Resume October 10th at 5:00 PM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadromar

10-09-2012

All my downvotes for not making a new BO3 for the WE vs CLG.eu match.
They have no flow now and it could just boil down to a battle of the cheese.
Really dumb move.

Toodalu

10-09-2012

wtf how am i going to watch when im working...

detoxhater

10-09-2012

Quote:
RedBeard:
Thanks for the note.

I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.

Good job on being honest to the community!

Blooooooooooooob

10-09-2012

Everyone exited to start the tournament again?!

Ryakn

10-09-2012

Awesome! It's my 21st birthday wednesday and I cannot wait to sit back with a brew and watch some teams play!

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

meh in real sports they don't redo games in which iffy things happen that certain teams felt unfairly influenced the game. (bad calls by officials, delays, a flock of birds flying onto the field and making a ball in play veer off at a strange angle, a fan reaching over a railing to catch a ball that would have likely been an out.) teams and fans make the excuse that these unfortunate events cast a bit of a shadow over a match and that their team may have won had the match proceeded without this unusual occurence.

These complaints are not without merit and fans and teams have a right to be upset. However these matches are not replayed because it wouldn't be fair to delay the other teams so match after match can be replayed if anything goes wrong during them. it is also not rational to assume that the result definitely would have been different had it not been for this incident, even if a good argument can be made that it might have.

Oh, and don't give me the "this is different because such and such team cheated" line. AZF did not cheat. What happened was the game was paused due to technical issues with AZF's headsets, during this pause they (as well as tsm) slipped up and broke protocol by shifting in their seats and glancing around the room, during which an AZF player inadvertently looked in the direction of the mini maps and may or may not have seen something that would reveal tsm's strategy. Both tsm and AZF were warned for their mistakes and the match was actually restarted both due to these slip ups by both sides and tsm's concerns that this may have resulted in players seeing the minimap and the headset issues.

The incident was already addressed and a remedy was already given at the moment that it took place. It cannot be proven that AZF saw what tsm suspects they may have seen, and it further cannot be proven that the player intentionally looked toward the minimaps in order to acquire information from them. Riot is still trying to gather information to insure that there is not some evidence missing that will shed new light on the issue but based on what we have here it can not be objectively proven that AZF did anything wrong, or that they purposefully attempted to do something wrong. To just flat out call them cheaters is unfair and in case you have not noticed not even tsm has called them that.

Yes it is possible or perhaps even likely that due to the technical issues, the pause, and the players shifting positions and looking around due to the unexpected break in the action tsm was deprived of a strategy that (again we can only assume) would have worked and would have made a difference in the series had there been no possibility of AZF being aware of it. We don't know that AZF would have gone into that brush anyway, we do not know if they would have succeeded in a fb, we do not know that AZF would not recover from a FB and won the game anyway, we do not know that tsm would have won if oddone did not have wraiths stolen. This is why we can't remake the game there is just no way to know.

This happens all the time in pro sports and e-sports, it sucks and nobody likes it but it is neither an injustice or unprofessional for riot to decide that we all must accept the unfortunate turn of events and proceed with the remaining matches. I do not appreciate claims that not remaking the games is not consistent with riot's attempts to be a "real" e-sport or for e-sports to be taken "seriously" like "real" sports. This is unrealistic because these things happen in these "real" sports too, and these "real" sports routinely make the same decisions. That riot has gone back and reviewed this stuff after the fact at all shows how seriously they take this, many sports would not do this and anyone who follows sport knows this.

pavi132

10-09-2012

Quote:
JhnnYCrwsh:
"Informative announcement"

Sounds like no disciplinary action will take place to me. I'll wait and see tomorrow, but it is looking more like disappointment for people that wanted punishment for cheating teams.

Still disappointing overall that the cheating could even take place.

Pretty sure since they already put the schedule up and there were no changes, they are going to say no cheating occurred and continue with the tournament. Whether or not any actually occurred, we will likely never find out, however. I doubt any actual investigating is occurring. It would just be too inconvenient to them to accommodate for new matches or make an unpopular decision like DQing a team if cheating did occur.

iMyung

10-09-2012

Quote:
RedBeard:
Thanks for the note.

I've mentioned this a few times now, but we are still investigating all of the information. We will be making a more informative announcement before Wednesday's matches. We are not trying to sweep this under the rug, we are just making sure we are extremely thorough with this.

Not going to lie, when I saw this announcement with no mention of the investigation, I thought you were actually sweeping this under the rug. I'm glad you clarified this. Looking forward to the outcome and what happens.

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

Quote:
pavi132:
Pretty sure since they already put the schedule up and there were no changes, they are going to say no cheating occurred and continue with the tournament. Whether or not any actually occurred, we will likely never find out, however. I doubt any actual investigating is occurring. It would just be too inconvenient to them to accommodate for new matches or make an unpopular decision like DQing a team if cheating did occur.

I think what riot has concluded is that the current evidence does not suggest that a DQ or a rematch is warranted but because they take this event very seriously they want to take as much time as they possibly can for more evidence to surface before they make a final decision.

I doubt riot is just lying to us when they say they are looking into this, many players are concerned and it is a matter of much controversy. This event means alot to riot and there is nothing to suggest that they will sit on any opportunity to exercise the most diligence possible. Its not fair to say riot is not being serious about this. Keep in mind that riot once gave their approval to a decision to DQ both finalists for an event rendering the entire thing without a winner. You don't think that was an unpopular, inconvenient decision that made the event look bad?

Stonemonk

10-09-2012

Quote:
RedBeard:
Thanks for the note.

We appreciate you keeping us in the loop RedBeard, but with the announcement of the time schedule for the semifinals (specifically the Azubu Frost vs. the winner of the quarterfinal) you can see why some people believe that the decision has already been made and because its outcome may not be liked we feel that it may be swept under the rug.

Keep up the awesome work RedBeard we look forward to watching the semifinals tomorrow!