Suggestions on next Champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormFox

10-09-2012

So I only have a few Champions currently, summoner level 16.

I have:
Gangplank (Fairly fun, play occasionally)
Fiddlesticks (Hate him, never play him)
Ryze (Not a fan, very rarely play)
Talon (Favorite owned champion, play him the most)
Alistar (Enjoyed him for awhile but I don't really like him anymore)
I had Sion but ended up refunding him due to not ever playing him.

Who do you guys think I should buy? Either someone that would be to my liking according to what I've enjoyed so far or someone who is different than what I've played and what would be good to add to my champ list.

I was thinking maybe Xin Zhao, Graves, or Rengar but I'm open to any suggestions, preferably a 3150 or 6300 champ. I played Xin when he was free and went 30/5/10 in my first normal PvP game with him but that was probably just a lucky game.

StormFox

10-09-2012

Is this the right forum for a thread like this?

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

It's fine to ask it here. The forums move fast though.

I would recommend saving your IP and buying runes past level 20. You are going to need a LOT of IP to get even just a couple sets.

Don't buy tier 2 runes, wait till you can get the tier 3 ones as you'll never use tier 2 past level 20.

Seriously best advice anyone could ever give...

As far as the champions go, play every single one of them at least once during their free week, you never know when the next time they'll pop up is going to be and you want to learn how to play against them when the time comes.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Bump for OP

C7G Laser

10-09-2012

Save IP buy runes at lvl 20

StormFox

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaka View Post
It's fine to ask it here. The forums move fast though.

I would recommend saving your IP and buying runes past level 20. You are going to need a LOT of IP to get even just a couple sets.

Don't buy tier 2 runes, wait till you can get the tier 3 ones as you'll never use tier 2 past level 20.

Seriously best advice anyone could ever give...

As far as the champions go, play every single one of them at least once during their free week, you never know when the next time they'll pop up is going to be and you want to learn how to play against them when the time comes.
So basically worry about runes and only play free champs unless there's one that I really do well with?

YoungBlade

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormFox View Post
So basically worry about runes and only play free champs unless there's one that I really do well with?
Depends on how casually you play. If you are most concerned with doing well and having optimal builds for once you hit 30, then runes are your best investment. Buying a champ because you do really well with them on Free Week wouldn't be a bad idea, but make sure you do multiple matches with them over the week for a truly good feel of their style. I went 20/0/? my first game with Corki and though he was the greatest thing ever, now I realize I suck with him and got lucky that first game.

If you want to invest in champions anyway, it looks like you prefer top laners and champs with moderate-high amounts of ability damage. Jayce might be good for you. You may also enjoy Yorick. Xin could be good for you, but he is very much an all-in type of champion. Perhaps Darius (although people won't like you for playing him). Among the cheaper choices would be Cho'Gath, Garen, or Katarina.

If you want to build your support repertoire as Alistar is no longer what you like, the one most like Ali is Leona. She is a very aggressive support that can also save the carry through CC. Another lower-cost choice might be Taric, since he also has a hybrid aggressive/passive presence and is fairly tanky. If you want to give another type of champ a spin, Lulu would be a fun choice. She's got a lot of slows and has interesting support/offensive abilities. Sona could also be good.

Supaka

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormFox View Post
Yes, many others will tell you the same and I'm glad that I did when I was a low level summoner.

When you hit level 30, you absolutely must have full pages of level 20+ (tier 3) runes to compare with anyone else in game. Expect everyone at level 30 also has theirs and you are at a major disadvantage without (with any champion)

Cheap runes to start you off are Armor and Magic resist runes... these can be used on absolutely any champion. Later you'll want either Attack Damage/Armor penetration marks OR Ability Power/Magic Penetration marks. You'll want health regeneration or mana regeneration yellows. Cooldown reduction blues are really nice on lots of champions. As far as quints go, there are lots of good ones but Movement speed are some of my favourites.

Think in terms of "roles" and buy your runes accordingly. Attackers don't benefit too much from ability power so you are hurting yourself to only get 1 set of ability power runes when you could have something more universally beneficial like magic resist which helps many champs

Hope that helps and good luck!

Naokazu

10-09-2012

Draaaven

warmblooded20

10-09-2012

you would like xin, riven i think