Volibear needs some QoL Buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LulzSec

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Suffers from itemization
Suffers from jungling
Suffers from being too reliant on AA
Suffers from not having a focus on either physical or magic damage
Suffers from not having a California skin(Riot Games founded in California, we need that state flag bear skin.)
Suffers from having long cooldowns.

Voli is a champ that just suffers in design that prevents him from being any sort of threat or have any agency for his team in terms of support or tank. Only has a minor peel.
His itemization is definitely a struggle for him; I still don't have a consistent build with him
His jungle clear time is weak, but I think with these bug fixes he will be it a much better state
I don't think the AA thing is an issue, he's a strong hybrid off tank, he does solid damage.
He needs a pedobear skin first
His cooldowns are somewhat of a struggle; I think it would be great if his Q had a reduced cooldown if it hit a champion, it's standing cooldown seems like it should only be that long to prevent him from always having a strong escape. The cooldown on his slow is actually pretty decent seeing how its has strong utility. His W is long sure, but it's a killshot kind of thing (darius doesn't count as a counterexample here)

I love him, he's almost there.

LulzSec

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorymarco View Post
I say cause the voli roar to not slow, but cause reduced damage and taunt champions. That way, he gets even more ridiculous ganks and slower jungle speed, sort of like sejuani
You're not understanding the point here at all, I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

His ganks are already amazing, there's no need for buffs. His jungle speed is what needs help, do you not read?

msgerbs

10-09-2012

Please yes, this has been driving me crazy and completely ruined my ability to jungle volibear competitively.

LulzSec

10-09-2012

bump

OxBaker

10-09-2012

While I definitely support your bump campaign I'm just warning you that when it comes to VB, RIOT honestly doesn't give a flying fig. A while back someone rallied the cause for basic QoL updates and got 47 pages with a lot of support but they eventually gave up, just like all the other VB supporters, when they realized that RIOT won't do anything for the big guy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2182697

I suggest just putting him back on the shelf and moving on cause keeping your hope up will only lead to frustration.

Edit: Further proof; 47 pages, 300 upvotes and 0 Red posts.

UnbearableBears

10-09-2012

I find these bugs to be unbearable! For great justice to bear kind, and fix these bugs riot! Also a buff or two wouldn't hurt (well, not hurt volibear that is)

De Vandal

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Suffers from itemization
Suffers from jungling
Suffers from being too reliant on AA
Suffers from not having a focus on either physical or magic damage
Suffers from not having a California skin(Riot Games founded in California, we need that state flag bear skin.)
Suffers from having long cooldowns.

Voli is a champ that just suffers in design that prevents him from being any sort of threat or have any agency for his team in terms of support or tank. Only has a minor peel.
Agreed actually. He is a veeeeery fun champ to play and was one of my favorite top soloes in normal games on my old account. That being said, I had no desire at all to ever use him in ranked or even have him on my team. He is outclassed extremely hard. He is one of the very easiest tanky dps to kite to the point where he can't rly do anything lategame against a competent team, without getting off a flash throw with some team assistance. Also too reliant on auto attacks which is very bad against good players who peel properly. He's basically an outclassed singed who has more DMg potential(which you can't take advantage of against a good team). 5x easier to kite, weaker displacement, much weaker slow which is basically pointblank too, weirder itemization, longer cd's, etc. lol I think you get my point. I loved stomping bads with him because he's such a fun champion, but he is outclassed and not really viable at high level play even as a top solo. Not even so much because of Laning strength but because of overall team usefulness.

Corrupt3dCow

10-09-2012

Voli is by far my favorite champ. This bug has drove me nuts for awhile now. It has also caused me to only be able to play him as a support which in my opinion makes the itemization problem even worse. I used to love him top but the jayces vlads etc (anyone with some type of poke) just destroy him in a one on one lane. As a support though you can bully the other adc/supports like almost no other champ can. The down fall is that even with gp10 items it takes forever to get items which are needed for him to get even close to being able to hang. Where the likes of taric Janna etc seem to either have a kit that lends it self to a 0 cs style of play or some type or armor or MR buff built in. My point.... Jungling is the best place for him... So yes bump bump freaking bump for the OP bc he doesn't need buffs or anything but just QoL changes.

LulzSec

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
While I definitely support your bump campaign I'm just warning you that when it comes to VB, RIOT honestly doesn't give a flying fig. A while back someone rallied the cause for basic QoL updates and got 47 pages with a lot of support but they eventually gave up, just like all the other VB supporters, when they realized that RIOT won't do anything for the big guy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2182697

I suggest just putting him back on the shelf and moving on cause keeping your hope up will only lead to frustration.

Edit: Further proof; 47 pages, 300 upvotes and 0 Red posts.
I'm fairly certain this will get attention as it is somewhat of a bug, not just an attempt to get him buffed. I've already talked with riotmilkcow anyways, he said he would look into it.

PolarJace

10-09-2012

bumping

Easily my favorite champ. Bit weak. I have found that support bear is VERY strong if your lane partner is willing to go aggressive.