The counter jungle Kha'zix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

th3chosenone

10-09-2012

So I have only done this for three games so far but I've won all of them. By counter jungle i don't mean go steal wraiths bla bla bla I mean my primary income was from the enemy jungle/jungler. This is what I've been doing. Take flash ignite (yes NO SMITE) and at the start of the game, camp around which buff their jungle is likely to take first, and when they have been hurt from the buff I kill them and take it. The first game was trolled by my teamate top so I left to roam and thats when I got the idea to try this. Second game, they had jungle xin, I camped bot in the bush by golums. He showed up, I killed him, golums, and got myself a red buff. Third game they had jungle Naut. I killed their mid lux just after i got to river. Then I killed her again when she leashed and almost killed Naut but he flashed away into tower . From there on out is just being as annoying as possible. I didn't gank very much early game for my team but I put their jungler so far behind all the time that they couldn't gank. At about 15 min I could dive Naut and escape. Yes it is a high risk/reward technique but so far it seems to be easy to pull off. Try it for yourself if you like Kha'zix.

Thoughts? Would you rather have a 'normal' jungler that ganked and counter jungle'd on occasion or something like I have been doing?

II DC II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

seems legit, but in most cases, teams will provide heavy protection... However, if you wait to make contact at the about... 2:10ish time, i can see it working. I had a friend who would do it when he would mid Vlad. bring ghost, ignite and burn them right as they finish the buff

Vicvictorw

10-09-2012

It would only work if his team didn't help him, and if they completely ignored him while you took him out.

Any teammate assistance and you just gave out first blood.

The McSmashy

10-09-2012

While I don't devote myself to counterjungling like that, I do take Kha'Zix into their jungle basically ASAP. Especially with how popular Amumu has been recently, it's really easy to screw up their jungle. He's really scary 1v1 especially in jungle when there's no minions to cancel out his isolation, and where there's enough bushes to reset his passive.

0jS1Mps0n

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvictorw View Post
It would only work if his team didn't help him, and if they completely ignored him while you took him out.

Any teammate assistance and you just gave out first blood.
KZ can take isolated enemies down pretty fast. I think this is how he should be played with his passive and Q. Jungle is the easiest to gank because there aren't waves of minions to hug and kill your damage

Treeke

10-09-2012

No smite?

Good luck securing that baron l0l

Ginko

10-09-2012

stopped reading at no smite

Bunny Killer

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
No smite?

Good luck securing that baron l0l
ive said it for a long time.
MID should take smite to secure blue as well.
i always give mid blue, its the most stolen buff on the map because mid is too slow to kill it.
id rather have 2 summoners to help with ganking, mid should take smite
mid is also most likely to be around for a dragon steal, i might be ganking top when the enemy decides to dragon, mid could steal it then.