Honor & Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

10-11-2012

BTW, if no one in champ select picks a bot laner, and someone switches to a bot laner, even though they're not bot lane mainers? I give them Teamwork.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
^ Yeah, I love how my usual "Good luck and have fun!" now gets me a "Well, SOMEONE wants honor." Probably the worst result of the new system ):

that's why i say "Gl have fun, Except Darius", when i start a game, to make it seem tha i want to be nice just for the sake of being nice instead of Honor farming, that and screw Darius.

also i made a point about how easyly trollable the system is and i Honor al the Teemos, excepting for those ones that deserve a harassment report instead of honor.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Damn. I'm never getting honor from Nyx T_T
Haha, sorry guy, I dont mean to be singling you out XD

Psi21

10-11-2012

I actually saw a guy with a green ribbon (don't care what it stands for) mouthing off during a game.

Normally, I don't bother to even report or honor anyone but this guy I actually sent a report about.

So I guess you could say the honor system is working to get me to bother reporting them.

-------------------------------------------------
What is worse is I read we got players already with all the crests:

http://en.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegen...ests_what_now/

And I find it absolutely hilarious that Riot (Lyte) stated:

"We always want Crests to be rare enough that when you do see one, they are very awesome player to play with;"

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...51986#30051986

If players within one week of the honor system are getting all the crests. How is that rare. LoL

No, I do not, think this system is improving players personalities. Not at all.

The honor system is no different than an achievement systems and it applies to those players only. So yeah any carrot on a stick they can get they will praise as working.

-----

One other thing I noticed is that Lyte also said they were eyeballing those players that were in custom games honoring each other. They stated they also took action on those players. I am curious how many high ELO players see the same players in dominion or in the same custom games they set up in DD chat?

SylianEUW

10-11-2012

@Psi21: Well, only 3% of the ranked players got Gold in Season 1, yet I tend to see many people with gold or platinum from Season 1 playing.

It is currently not possible to honor players in custom games. However, you do have a point. The honor system was probably not designed with high elo Dominion players in mind.

HaIfhearted

10-11-2012

If you keep handing out honor to everyone who isn't playing an OP, you're gonna run out of honor soon.

I've done my research on the honor system.

You are given a finite amount of honor to give out, and the amount you were given was supposed to last almost forever for "intended" use, but frequently handing out large amounts of honor each game is supposed to run you dry.

Pemmin

10-11-2012

In addition to good sportsmanship, I'll typically provide honor for people who take the bottom lane or tank.

Convict24601

10-11-2012

I'm quite stingy with my honor, but I tend to give teamwork to people who bother to stop their tunnel vision of going after top only after losing it and having 4 enemies sitting on it. When I see someone trying to capture mid or help gank bot in these scenarios, I always try to remind myself to honor these guys at the end of the game. As for honorable opponents, usually only if it was a close game with good plays and no one was an arrogant d*** about it. My favorite when to give are the friendly ones...I don't care if you're trying to "honor farm" but if you can make me laugh from it, you'll get a friendly from me =) Not saying that I approve of honor farming btw...

DiscworldDeath

10-11-2012

Halfey, that's incomplete. You get more honour to give for each game you play, so if you keep playing you keep getting more honour to give out. You run out if you give much more than they expect you to give during an average game.

Psi21, it's normalized. Just like Elo. So some people can get to 2,200 Elo over 40 games (Ranked SR, seen pros do it with smurfs), and for some people it takes a thousand games.
Also, some people play a lot more games. The time frame isn't that relevant.

Phourc

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
So I guess you could say the honor system is working to get me to bother reporting them.

-------------------------------------------------
What is worse is I read we got players already with all the crests:

http://en.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegen...ests_what_now/

And I find it absolutely hilarious that Riot (Lyte) stated:

"We always want Crests to be rare enough that when you do see one, they are very awesome player to play with;"

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...51986#30051986

If players within one week of the honor system are getting all the crests. How is that rare. LoL.

I believe he said like 2% of players had crests?

It seems like it should level out to maybe 5-10% in the next few months - meaning they should always be Top Men.