@Riot, Serious Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rveniss

10-09-2012

This is probably the third time I've posted about this.

I have lost a good dozen games this past week solely due to the fact that I have someone on my team who doesn't speak English, or who only has a rudimentary grasp of the language.

This is a team game, built around communication. Having someone on your team that doesn't speak the same language as the other four--or, God forbid, a duo queue of them--completely ruins any attempt to optimize your team and work together effectively.

I don't care about having these foreigners on my team in normal games, because, I mean, it's only normals, let them have their fun. My suggestion to you, however, is to try to prevent them from playing ranked solo-queue on the North American servers.

It's gotten to the point where if someone says something in Spanish/Portuguese in Champion Select that you pretty much HAVE to dodge immediately. It's near impossible to win with one of them on your team.

An idea to accomplish this without sounding racist would be to ban people who have an average latency of over 200 from solo-queue ranked. Even if they speak English, they shouldn't be playing with such a high latency in the first place. It's impossible to do your best with that long of a delay.

Anyway, I hope someone from Riot actually reads this, because there's already enough hurdles to increasing your elo without having to deal with people whom you can't even talk to.

Lolderpdurp

10-09-2012

riot is trying hard to make new "toasters" in other areas of the world

Rveniss

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolderpdurp View Post
riot is trying hard to make new "toasters" in other areas of the world
I understand that. They made the Brazilian servers already.

However, that doesn't fix the problems with Mexicans. Mexico is part of North America, and there are obviously already North American servers.

Maybe they can implement a language-selection feature and only match you with people who speak your language. Or, stick with my first idea and disallow queueing for solo/duo-ranked with over 200 latency.

I wasn't racist before I started playing this game, but after almost 500 games of solo/duo ranked with countless losses due to language-barriers, I've found myself raging about [insert slur for Mexicans here] on multiple occasions, laced with much profanity.