Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catches Axes

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Even if 99.9% of your games are premade, you're playing with 4 friends and 5 strangers. Given the sources of possible Honor being a 4:5 ratio, your Honor shouldn't be 99.9% from your friends.
I dunno. You have better data than I do, but my interactions with the other team are pretty much the usual - gg, well played (if it was, gg regardless), once in a few games I'll compliment a play by someone on the other team, and that's about it. I'm never insulting.

I rarely play with friends and I don't believe I've been honored by one of my friends so far, and 95% or so of my honor has come from teammates. Opponents simply don't do it very often. If there's some way of playing that magically results in honor from opponents, I don't know what it is.

Chamenas

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
Thats exactly what I'm saying. Helpful should be way harder to attain. Yet it seems like honorable opponent is the hardest. Because you're being honorable EVERY game. While helpful? Thats difficult, you're only helpful very rarely.
I believe Helpful is the rarest. They haven't, to my knowledge, said which is the most common, but I believe it's Honorable Opponent. I've seen far more of those than any other.

GG Beers

10-13-2012

I got my little sword honor animation thing, but I didn't get a ribbon? I have around 100 honor. Is this working as intended?

Orisai

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamenas View Post
This is WHY friends' honor counts for less.

Your friends enjoy playing with you, they think you're a cool dude. They're going to give you honor when they play with you because it's sort of expected. A random stranger has zero incentive to give you honor. They don't know you. They may never play with you again. So it's more meaningful when they take the time to say "this guy is a good dude".
You still don't understand what I'm saying. I have a ribbon, meaning I have been honored a lot by strangers :P But I find it very difficult to get the OPPOSING strangers to Honor me.

Jassu

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Even if 99.9% of your games are premade, you're playing with 4 friends and 5 strangers. Given the sources of possible Honor being a 4:5 ratio, your Honor shouldn't be 99.9% from your friends.
I don't necessarily agree with that. I'm inclined to suspect that one is less likely to receive honor from an opponent than from a teammate, even if none of said person's teammate are premade. My reason for that is that one generally engages with the opposing players less frequently than one's own team (I can't really back this up outside of experience, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to think such a claim is true).

Of course, on the flip side, one could ask how frequently a player gets honored when they run full premades. I'd assume it's not frequent, and because of that, I can also see how you'd say a fair portion of that player's honor comes from opponents.

Nevertheless, I don't have access to the data you do, so I'm not really sure in the grand scheme of it.

Chamenas

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
You still don't understand what I'm saying. I have a ribbon, meaning I have been honored a lot by strangers :P But I find it very difficult to get the OPPOSING strangers to Honor me.
Then you're not being clear.

Either a lot of opposing strangers have honored you (hence your ribbon) or they haven't.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Hey Lyte! Have you ever considered giving the honor points from those that have attained a badge higher weight?

I would assume that these individuals are the least likely to abuse the system so why not get everyone excited about seeing someone with a badge?
Maybe when a badged player honors someone they can get 1 RP or 10 IP?

It might need some work, but the idea is that the pillars of positive behavior will be given the power to act as strong role models for other players by further reinforcing good behavior in a way that is difficult to abuse. It would allow your system to build apon itself.

itsWind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Is There Any Other Badge Other Than The Honorable Opponent???? ???

Fell Arms

10-13-2012

So I don't dislike how the honor system works, but there are a few kinks to work out. I just finished a game with a completely bad player, (They were level 30 with 37 wins) but after reporting them for skill I couldn't honor them (They were still really friendly). I'm suggesting players reported for skill should still be able to be honored. I did figure this would be the case, but I hoped it wouldn't be.

As well as that, I would agree with others that it would be helpful if you could see what crests you have. I have an honorable opponent crest, but I can never see it - not on my profile, and not in games. Only my enemies are able to witness it.

Also, we really need that ARAM queue so honor can be given out through there. Those games take 15-30 minutes each depending anyways.

- I've also noticed how people have begun to give out less and less honor. Considering the implemented percentages in calculating whether or not someone will obtain a crest, it seems to me that it will become more difficult to obtain one as time goes on. Those who truly are positive pillars to the League of Legends community will be less and less likely to be marked as such. Anyone in agreement or in total denial to my opinion? Reply, I'd like to hear others on the subject. :P

Just my two cents.

Edit:
- I forgot to mention that it wouldn't be unreasonable to allow enemy players to honor someone for helpfulness. I've been in situations where I both would have either honored someone on the enemy team for helpfulness or potentially have been honored for it. Don't get me wrong, there's no reason to be giving tips to opponents while the game is ongoing, but if someone gets beaten by a champ that they counter, if I know why, I try to give them a pointer or two after the game has finished. Likewise I've been helped out that way on one or two occasions. The reason being is this; if you're in solo queue, what makes your allies any different than your enemies? Other than the sheer coincidence of team positioning, I can see none. Considering the enemy team is as random as my solo queue team, I see no reason to not give them advice after a game is over, if I should be giving my allies who are having troubles advice while the game is ongoing.

Regend

10-13-2012

I read that you have limited honour so does that mean I can honour someone once a game without because I like to honour 1 person a game. Also does that count as spamming honour?