Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roonage

10-10-2012

what do you think of an optional comment card to Riot about why you honored someone. might be interesting to see why people honor players for certain things over others

Tytu23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I think that we should be able to trade 1 honor in for 50 or 100 IP

tempname16511293

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytu23 View Post
not calling you out personally, but this is what I mean about people faking their attiudes in game . wanting incentive

Aavak

10-10-2012

So premade players can't trade honor? I personally play in 5-man premade teams with friends in which we communicate using teamspeak 3 and therefore rely solely on teamwork...And we're not allowed to give each other honor for team work?

The Roonage

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrowdamous View Post
Honor is working, but not in the way people think.

As for most gamers, having a big numbered stats is always attractive for some reason. The honor system just creates an atmosphere where people fake their attiude, so in reality they are still that jackhole who is evil underneath all that gold. The purpose of any goal which strives to create positive behavior is to ACTUALLY change the person, not have them fake it till they make in order to gain some incentive in the end. But i guess in the end the fake positive attitudes still have a a huge impact on the atmosphere of the game
yeah definitely. if people are making an effort not to rage out in games so much then its creating a nicer environment to play in. Even if players are still feeling frustrated, the honor system is helping them learn what is and isn't appropriate. kudos team PB&J

sobnrood3

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roonage View Post
what do you think of an optional comment card to Riot about why you honored someone. might be interesting to see why people honor players for certain things over others
Trying to not sound rude: Lyte or another Riot employee answered this earlier. Their reasoning: Too easy for trolls to send hate/flame comments to people, so they opted out

tempname16511293

10-10-2012

Honor is working, but not in the way people think.

As for most gamers, having a big numbered stats is always attractive for some reason. The honor system just creates an atmosphere where people fake their attiude, so in reality they are still that jackhole who is evil underneath all that gold. The purpose of any goal which strives to create positive behavior is to actually CHANGE the person, not have them fake it till they make in order to gain some incentive in the end. But i guess in the end the fake positive attitudes still have a a huge impact on the atmosphere of the game

The Roonage

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytu23 View Post
that is way too high, i dont see why honor would provide more ip than tribunal. and as nice as ip is, im sure they are working on something a little more interesting

sobnrood3

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavak View Post
So premade players can't trade honor? I personally play in 5-man premade teams with friends in which we communicate using teamspeak 3 and therefore rely solely on teamwork...And we're not allowed to give each other honor for team work?
I think its because of the whole, honor-farming thing they've been talking about.
if custom games were available to give honor, you'd see games of aram taking 5-10 minutes so the teams can get to trading honor.

That would be broken, and as such, they haven't implimented it yet.
Maybe when most of the toxicity of league's community goes away, they might impliment it?

The Roonage

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobnrood3 View Post
Trying to not sound rude: Lyte or another Riot employee answered this earlier. Their reasoning: Too easy for trolls to send hate/flame comments to people, so they opted out
That was talking about a comment to the player. i was talking about a comment to riot, similar to the comment section for reporting.

eg someone might honor their jungler for ganking your lane often after you lost first blood. but the support might be honoring that same jungler for placing wards

id be interested to see the results, even though they'd be a lot of work to organise